-
Status
Not open for further replies.

tom999w

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
1971 Demon, real FC7 Plum Crazy car. For all you slant six enthusiasts out there, it came with a factory 225 1bbl engine. The car spent most of its life in southeastern Pennsylvania and is now in upstate New York (Livingston Manor NY), so has lots of rust. It will need lots of rust repair. It is complete. The car has a front end from a 1972 Duster (hood, fenders, bumper, bottom valance, grille), and a correct, non-numbers matching engine and transmission. I believe the engine is locked up. To break down the data, it is a very basic car with not too many options. The only options it came with were: High Impact paint, 225 slant 6, matched automatic transmission on the column, rear bumper guards, AM radio, power steering, cigar lighter, and trunk light. The standard items it originally came with are: manual brakes, 4 drum brakes, 34 amp alt., no rear armrests or ashtrays, 40 amp battery, manual drivers side mirror, no rear defrost, 6.45x14 black sidewall tires on 4.5J wheels painted semi gloss black with plain poverty caps, black rubber floor, 2 speed windshield wipers, foot windshield washer, bench seat.
My history with it is: I really wanted a REAL Plum Crazy Demon and bought this one recently to get running and ramrod around my small town with it, but the rust work is just beyond my capabilities. There are lots of people that have fixed cars rustier than this, so I was hoping someone with a nice garage setup could fix this car up and have fun with it.
REAL Plum Crazy Demons are VERY hard to find. Even doing an online search for FC7 Demons turns up almost all clones and not real FC7 cars. My calculations for the breakdown of REAL FC7 Demons is: 9.54% of 66125 1971 Demons were FC7, which equals 6282 Plum Crazy 1971 Demons. Then subtract the Plum Crazy 340 Demons (959), which equals 5323 non-340 Plum Crazy Demons made. Then to cloudy the waters even more, fast forward 53 years after alot of them went to junkyards, and that leaves not many real FC7 Demons left in existence.
I'm not selling this car to make $$$ on, I'm just trying to break even on what I have into it. But more that that, I'd really like to see an A-body. slant six enthusiast fix it up and drive it.
Price: $1600 firm.

20240807_190352.jpg

20240807_190425_HDR.jpg

20240807_190410.jpg

20240807_190335.jpg

20240807_190441.jpg

Last edited:
Is there a title, build sheet, fender tag, VIN plate?

There's no title, cars in New York before 1973 never had titles. It will go with a bill of sale. No build sheet, the fender tag was there but rusted out beyond recognition, it has the dashboard vin tag and stampings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back