1971 Demon Stripes

-
Reaction score
Hey all, I am getting my 71 Demon painted soon and my paint guy wants to actually paint the stripes instead of use decals, would anyone happen to know the dimensions of the side stripes? I know they follow the center body line then expand over the rear wheels but I don't know the exact length, any help is appreciated, thanks.

You could ask a supplier if he could send you a template of the stripe kit, but make sure he uses the low-tach vinyl, this will prevent the paint to come off once he removes the template, I'd do it for you, but I don't have the pattern of the stripe. If I can be of other help, pm me, I own a sign shop.

Hey all, I am getting my 71 Demon painted soon and my paint guy wants to actually paint the stripes instead of use decals, would anyone happen to know the dimensions of the side stripes? I know they follow the center body line then expand over the rear wheels but I don't know the exact length, any help is appreciated, thanks.

Don`t do it! Put the stripe decal on...... I would never buy a car with a painted on stripe! Just saying.... buy the stripe in the color you want and have your body guy put it on.

Don`t do it! Put the stripe decal on...... I would never buy a car with a painted on stripe! Just saying.... buy the stripe in the color you want and have your body guy put it on.
I agree

I can make a paint mask or stencil kit for you. These stripes flair and the center gap is not consistent either - your painter could never tape them off and have it look right next a car with the correct stripes.

You need to find out how he wants to do it - most painters prefer a mask kit. That is where you shoot the stripe color 1st, then apply the mask over the paint. Shoot the rest of your base color. Remove the mask and clear the entire body.

The other option is a stencil kit. This is used to paint the stripe color on after the base color has been applied but before the clear.

Thanks challengergary, I think he would prefer the stencil kit but he said he might be able to come up with something, but if he can't, I'll shoot you a line.

-
Back