1971 Dodge Demon vs 1971 Chevrolet Vega Dealer Promo Film

-
Looks like I missed my opportunity buying a Demon instead....:eek:

:D

This is a stupid comparison.
Maybe compare the Demon with a Nova instead of a Vega, a car that is it's actual rival.
Thanks for posting the video, i love the old car comparisons!

I like her boots. Thanks for posting, I used to own a 74 Vega, now a 71 Duster : )

Is there a duster/dart/barricuda/demon versus nova commercial?
not a commercial - it's a dealer promo film.
This is a stupid comparison.
Maybe compare the Demon with a Nova instead of a Vega, a car that is it's actual rival.
Thanks for posting the video, i love the old car comparisons!
I think the comparison criteria was price point.. see how much more car you get with a Demon over a Vega for about the same $$...? In the early 70's they were just starting to get into the gas crunch and fuel economy was becoming an issue..

not a commercial - it's a dealer promo film.

I think the comparison criteria was price point.. see how much more car you get with a Demon over a Vega for about the same $$...? In the early 70's they were just starting to get into the gas crunch and fuel economy was becoming an issue..
Oh, i realize that!
I still think the Vega was a good looking car, i had one for a short time in the early 1980. It was a station wagon with the powerglide automatic and the typical worn out aluminum cylinders. It literally would use a quart of oil for 100 miles and smoked like a freight train! But, i really liked the car, and it drove pretty good but was gutless with the worn out mill. It was decent on gas too.
I did buy a '71 Dart /6 4 door after that and it was a much better car........ no comparison......., then after that, a Demon 318 3 speed std. on the floor and it was a great car even though it was a beater at only 10 years old!
The Vega was the true definition of a throw away car from the outset, but they looked great as Pro Stocks like 'Da Grump had........
I still think the A-Body Mopars were the best bang for the buck back then and even now.
The Fox Mustang in the early '90s is a close second IMHO............

The Vega we had we owned in the early 90's, it was a low mileage car from California. So it was in good shape, we bought it in Hawaii where we were stationed from a friend in my squadron. Anyway, the wife loved that car because it "felt solid", body by Fisher and no rust, she liked that the door made a thud when it closed, she felt safe in it. Everywhere we drove that car we would have a local come up and try to buy the car, vehicles like that are rare on Oahu, and all the guys wanted to drop a 350 into it (me too). The four banger it had in it ran like a top, very reliable car, a steal for $600, perfect "island car". Military people had nicknames for their cars owned on certain duty stations, "Guam bomb" was another I remember.

-
Back