1971 Dodge Demon

-
Ok, so I said I would update every week but I'm sure nobody wanted to hear about how nothing happened. :wtf:

So its week 7. The fenders, doors, hood and trunk deck are done and epoxied. A few repairs needed to be done to the drivers door, the hood lip and front of the fenders (fender looks like it has a dent in pic but its a smudge) where the headlight buckets mount. Trunk deck was perfect. Shop owner decided it would be easier to just finish tearing down car and put on a rotisserie. I couldn't get any pics of that because it was in another building and I needed to get back to work. Also ordered new tail panel and body rubber/gasket kits. I hope this week I can see the car body. Since He took apart the rear suspension I asked that before he puts it together if we can talk about maybe some different springs and replace the air shocks with with regular ones along with a lift kit, Maybe new bearings for rear too.

20200925_155236.jpg

20200925_155338.jpg

20200925_155420.jpg

Week 8, still not a lot to see. Paid for more parts including a Level 1 Chassis Stiffening Kit from US Car Tool.
Supposedly the body is sanded and they will start welding in the new metal this week. All there is to see this time is a rack with all the parts on. Its the one in the middle. Cant wait till it starts getting put back together.

Stiff Kit.JPG

20201002_162404.jpg

-
Back