1972 Dart Swinger 2-Dr 360 (New Paint - Blue)

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

GTXperience

Orig Stealth Mod
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
I have my 1972 Dodge Dart Swinger 2-Door for sale on ebay right now. You can see pics of it at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...STRK:MESE:IT&viewitem=&item=280155035798&rd=1

or by plugging in item #280155035798.

Originally, it came with a 318 with (AC) air conditioning, (PS) power steering and (PDB) power disc brakes. The Dart was purchased to be a bracket race car (something to have fun with on the weekends). Unfortunately (and as the story usually goes), other areas of my life are taking priority and I will not be able to finish it.

The Dart was painted a couple of years ago and has been sitting in storage since. Please excuse the dust on/in the Dart. There is no water access (in order to wash it) at my storage unit. The sheetmetal and frames are very solid. The original engine and transmission are long gone. I will offer the option of purchasing a 360 that I was going to use in it. The 360 is at the machine shop and has been disassembled. The block is standard bore and will require being opened up (ie. .010, .020, .030). That would be the new owners choice. The crank is .010/.010 on the rod and main journals and needs a quick polish to finish it up. The standard components come with it (ie. pistons, rods, double roller timing chain and gears, oil pump, oil pan, timing chain cover, complete heads, intake manifold, exhaust manifolds, etc.). I will offer this motor to the new owner of the car for $250. Otherwise, I will sell it for $300. The new owner is responsible for the pickup up of this motor (as well as the Dart)

It comes with a lot of parts and trim (ex. mouldings, mirrors, etc.) door panels, grille and a very nice front bumper (with bumper guards and mounting brackets). The rear bumper somehow disappeared between moving it from the paint shop to storage. I have boxes of parts that came off of it (ie. PDB booster & master, PS pump, AC parts, etc.).

As you can see, it was thoroughly painted including: engine compartment, inner doors and upper door frames, upper rear door frames, complete door sill areas and the entire trunk area as well. It is not perfect but it would make a really nice race car or street car. I have a clean and current California title for the Dart. It is listed as a salvage title because it was previously stolen and partially stripped prior to me getting it and the insurance company bought the car from the previous owner and then he bought it back. The hard part of going through a car has been done (the body/paint). Now the fun part of reassembling can commence. I hate to do this but if the Dart does not sell, I may consider parting it out. If you need parts off of it, email with what you need.

One nice thing about the '72 model is that it shares many components with the '70 & '71 models and therefore you can change grilles and headlight bezels if you want a different look. The post-'72 models were completely different.

I will post one pic here for now but feel free to check out the others on the ebay site or feel free to ask for more.

Thanks.

7388_12.JPG.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back