1972 disc brake spindles

-

MOA

Reaction score
Will they work with 73 LBP conversion?

It is a dart swinger that came stock with disk brakes.

I bought a set of used upper control arms, with calipers, rotors and hanger bracket.

Will they work with 73 LBP conversion?

It is a dart swinger that came stock with disk brakes.

No, but you can easily sell them or trade them for what you want. Do you have the rest of the disc brake parts?

Yes, the front end is complete as of now. SBP

The 65-72 SBP disc system is scarce and highly sought after for those of us who have OEM 8 3/4 rears. I would sell the whole setup and then get whatever you want. Or get what you want then sell it...

The car has 119k original
Miles.

What is the disc brake set up worth, approximately?

I am not sure, check eBay and FABO classified section. Usually an auction will bring the best money. I typically buy them and do not sell.

I want to use 5x4.5" wheels.

This is my first rodeo with an A body. A lot I don't know.

Are you aware that there is a vendor that re machines early Ford Mustang rotors with 4 1/2 inch bolt pattern, that will then work on a Mopar spindle?

Already have an 8-3/4 a body rear end with new disk brakes on the way. All new brakes.

No sway bar stock.

1972 dart swinger, came stock with 318/904/7-1/4

If your rear SBP 10 x 1.75 drums are good they are worth money also...

It does have 10x1.75.

Not much ridge on the drum.

I appreciate the help.

Are you aware that there is a vendor that re machines early Ford Mustang rotors with 4 1/2 inch bolt pattern, that will then work on a Mopar spindle?

No, I wasn't aware of that.

Thanks.

I've looked around, not finding them. Got s link?

Last edited:
Took the drums over to my local shop, one has .030 left. The other .040.
The drums have a cooling flange, makes the drum look like an old German army helmet is the best way to describe it.

Last edited:
-
Back