Not open for further replies.

Texas Red

Old Flunky
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
New bottom shaft bearing (NOS metal bearing), new upper bearing, New blinker switch, Lock removed but will include, 3 on the tree shifting column tube but will include

Turning my duster into what i want it to be I tried and spent $$$ on trying to make my factory column work. Because I am running a control freaks front suspension with rack n pinion I cut the
bottom of the shaft to adapt it to the Rack n Pinion, removed the shifter tube plus removed the column lock as per IHRA rules. After removing the shifter tube lock etc... I found the column
to not be near as rigid as I would like as I want to run auto cross with it as well someday. It still has all the plastic pins still in place as this is a collapsible column. I have 2 keys that will be included in this
which will be good for parts rebuild of another column or repair and use etc..... I believe that removing the shift tube out of it has made it weak!!! Yes it is put back together right as per my 1972 Factory repair manual states it should be but still felt uncomfortable running it so I went to a I DID IT column. I am really hoping someone will take it and part it out for others to use and not just hoard ....but when you give something away you relent control
over it ...Yes i get it. I will remove the steering wheel and break it down as much as possible. You must pay all shipping cost from 78368 zip code as I will box it up for you and ship. Let me know Texas Red

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back