1973 Duster Dome light wiring route

-

scottbak

Reaction score
Does anyone know where the wires go from the dome light? I found that the Map light switch was disconnected and cannot find the wire in the dash, so I wanted to find it after it goes from the light down the side of the car and to the dash. I would have thought it would run to the drivers side down to the floor and then up to the dash via under the sill plate where the other bundle of wires were. Any help?

Map light switch doesn't operate the dome light- it goes to an under dash light in the passenger side footwell.

I don't have any door switches. But, does the dome light route down the side and through the cabling bundle along drivers side floor? My wiring diagram says should be yellow and pink wires, cannot find, so maybe someone swapped for another color, since there is no new wires in it.

Look under the driver's side kick panel- my Dart's dome wiring comes down the A pillar and joins the harness under the dash at the kick panel.

It connects to the harness that goes along drivers side of the floor. Believe mine went down at the sail panel and tied in around the wheel hump.

Found that it was cut in rear pillar, therefore not in floor bundle. :) Bought a new dome light and will re-run it . Thanks for you help.

-
Back