1973 Duster, I NEED HELP!!!!

-

StrokerMan

Reaction score
:banghead: Hey guys, I need help with a 1973 duster model project. I'm trying to make a 73' duster to match the one I have sitting in my garage. Problem is it's hard to find anything like taillights, grille, stickers, body, ect.. But it gets better!! I want to make TWO!! One like the car came originally from the factory which was:

JA5 Silver
E55 = 340-4 Barrel 69-73
D34 = TorqueFlite Automatic Transmission
VS29V = Plymouth Valiant / Duster
S = Special
29 = 2 Door Sports Hardtop

H3BH = 340 240HP(net) 1-4BBL 8 CYL
3 = 1973
B = Dodge Main, Hamtramck, MI, USA
146428 = Sequence Number '146428'
JA5 = Paint Code: Silver
C6X9 = Trim Grade/Style/Color
C = Charger
6 = Vinyl Bucket Seats
X9 = Black
000 = Upper Door Frame: Full Door Panel
915 = Date Built: 9 / 15 / 1972
145935 = Order Number: 145935
V4X = Roof Type OR Color: Black Canopy Vinyl Roof
U = Built to Specifications for USA Order
B41 = Front Disc Brakes Some Yrs. Power
C16 = Console w/ Buckets
C56 = Bucket Seats 1972 up
G36 = Left Hand Remote, Right Hand Manual Outside Mirror
H51 = Single Air /w Heater
M21 = Roof Drip Rail Moldings
N76 = Coolant Recovery System
R11 = Music Master Radio AM
V6X = Black Longitude Sports Stripe
V8X = Transverse Stripe - Black
26 = 26 in. Radiator
EN2 = End of Codes Assembly Line 2

Then I want to make one to look like the restoration I'm going to do, which will be the same but different colors, ect.. Nothing too hard if I can find the right items. Anything you've got will help. :prayer: There's nothing out the for a 1973. :wack:

Oh forgot to mention that I've bought two 1971 Duster 340 kits so i have a lot of pieces that will work like engine parts, ac, suspension, 340 stripes, some interior, wheels (for original model), ect.. I'll need things like lights, engine and trans base (to get the 727), firewall, air cleaner and of course decals for air cleaner, engine compartment, ect. I'll also need tips on the paint, where to get JA5 silver and the Chrysler blue for the engine, I'll also need Race Hemi Orange for the reso model engine.

I would buy a '73 Duster dealership promotional model car. They come up on ebay frequently and if your going to re-work it, you can accept one in "less than perfect" condition. With a few scratches and scuffs these can be purchased for about 35.00 on ebay. Type in Plymouth Duster promo on ebay and see whats out there...

I'll also need tips on the paint, where to get JA5 silver and the Chrysler blue for the engine, I'll also need Race Hemi Orange for the reso model engine.

Auto parts store rattle cans for engine and find a touch up paint close for the silver.
Steve

-
Back