-
Status
Not open for further replies.

68 CUDA FORMULA S

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Contact seller
I have been looking through the boxes of parts that came with this 1974 Scamp and I noticed that there is no alternator. If any of you guys that are parting out cars have one shoot me a price shipped to 48346 Michigan.
Thanks
Bob

My dad and I have a whole bunch of factory ones, you looking for a date coded one? Single groove pulley or dual? I can look tomorrow but would probably need to be rebuilt.

My dad and I have a whole bunch of factory ones, you looking for a date coded one? Single groove pulley or dual? I can look tomorrow but would probably need to be rebuilt.

Hey Bob.

Do yourself a favor and get one of the cores from Keith above, then take it here:

Robert Walters Starters
25456 Grand River Ave,
Redford Charter Twp, MI 48240
(313) 531-3336

http://www.yellowpages.com/redford-mi/mip/robert-walters-starters-465934365?lid=1000633529573

It may be a little bit of a drive for you, but he does a great job. I've been going to him for over 25 years and haven't gotten a bad one (he also will check it for you before buying it to make sure that it's good.)

My son went through 4 alternators from O'reiley's that were bad right off the shelf. So I said "F*ck this" and took his old one to Robert Walters (they need cores for alternators that old now). He rebuilt it and it was fine, no problem. It solved our charging issue with his car.

He's worth the drive. They can even upgrade it to a 60 amp if needed.

Take 8 Mile to Telegraph south.

Then Telegraph to Grand River west.

He will be a little ways on the right.

Or go visit John T. (the head/engine guy) and then take Telegraph north to Grand River (about 7 mile) and go west.... [It should be about 5 - 7 Miles north of John's place]

Does anyone know which one I need for this 1974 Scamp 318 with air and power steering. If anyone has a picture they could share of one installed in a 1974 318 that would help. Karl if I can find the right one I might do just as you said and drop it off when I go down to John's, right now we are going through that 1971 340 so I will see him a few more times.
Thanks
Bob

I don't know if you found an alternator yet, but I have one that came in the trunk of my car. It was on a 1974 318 Dart. The previous owner said it works, but he had changed it to a GM high output alternator. So all I have is his word that it worked, other than that, I don't know.

I can get it to you for $25 total shipped anywhere in the U.S. - that's basically the cost of the 2 day shipping. Let me know if that will help you out.

Bob,

You're going to need the square back alternator with two field terminals.

You also need to look at your car to see if it has/had a/c or not...

A/C cars use a double pulley on the alternator and water pump.

Non A/C cars use a single pulley on the alternator and water pump.

You can get away with the opposite one, as it's not enough off to not work, but you will side load your belt and be more prone to them slipping of if you don't match what it should be.

Try contacting Dodge33 brothers, they have a bunch of parts and are only 15 miles north of Battle Creek, MI. Great guys to deal with and very friendly, they will give you a good deal. PM me if you need their phone number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back