1974 Dodge Dart Swinger 4 door

-

Ducky13

Reaction score
I have recently inherited a 1974 Dodge Dart Swinger 4 door. The car was originally purchased in 1974 by my grandmother. "New from the showroom". The car has an original 21,000 miles on it. I am not looking to sell it. What I am looking for is some information on production numbers for the 4 door 1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. The only thing I can find is that the Swinger and Swinger Special were available on the 2 door models only.
I know the "Swinger" emblems were not added on by some kid, because my dad and my uncle were the only 2 mechanics to ever work on the car.
Does anyone know of a resource for production numbers on this model of Dart?
Thank you.

Ducky, I worked at a Dodge dealership in the 70's and around 1974 Chrysler corp was about to go under. Alot of strange stuff came out of the factory because no one cared as they may be looking for a new job anyday.We got many odd balls in from the factory that "Were Never Made''. It is not suprising that someone installed the Swinger emblems on a four door Dart.Quality control was not high on the line Inspector's list. We had Darts with Valiant tags and even in 1975 got a Charger that was split down the middle half Charger/half Cordoba with different emblems,door pannels,tail lights etc.Never say Never when it comes to Ma Mopar.

In 1974 the 4 door dart would be a dart custom or a dart sedan, I snapped these out of a reprint of an original 1974 Dart dealer manual. There was never a 4 door swinger, just like Plymouth never build a 4 door scamp. The emblems had to have been put on at the dealer, or by someone drunk working on the line at Chrysler in 1974.

Lets see some photos! Always love to see more 1974 darts

Attachments

• photo (8).JPG
    64 KB · Views: 184
  • photo (9).JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 161
  • photo (10).JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 146
My 74 SE had some strange variations also. The paint code was wrong and the tail shaft on the 904 had a really strange rear seal, Had to buy one at a bearing supply store by the dimension's.

-
Back