1974 duster factory big block 400 car??????

-

bbrroowwnn

never re member
Reaction score
Just saw this on ebay...thought the guy was blowing smoke but the vin plate looks legit....Must have been a error at the St Louis factory.... Actual "P" code duster in 1974....Interesting....thoughts???

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Plymouth-Duster-P-Code-1974-duster-big-block-factory-error-no-reverse-/331339002552?forcerrptr=true&hash=item4d2557f2b8&item=331339002552&pt=US_Cars_Trucks"]Plymouth Duster P Code | eBay[/ame]

That would be super cool to have.

I'm sure it has "E44" on the tag, though.

I believe I'd go ahead and put a 400 in it, just as I would have imagined the factory would have done it.

Then I'd just take it to shows, and let it sit with the hood up.

No banners, displays, nothing, just a stock looking big block Duster with a "correct" VIN.

I call the B.S. Card on the seller.

This could actually be a a P code that is a typo like the 440 6 pack Charger with factory air the Mopar collectors guide did the story on , it was an actual vin tag typo that got through

It was dicussed with the owner in the ad in Mopar Autos for sale here not long ago.

The ad says typo, folks.

I'm sure it's just that.

Still would be cool to build a "what if" car and have the legal VIN match your build.

I can't envision the factory even having the ability to create such a car although a friend ordered a new 1976 Chevy Monza Town Coupe with a 350 4 gear and it came through. Had a weak Saginaw 4 speed and tiny rear end. Thing flew until he blew both the trans and rear end. Dealer fixed it once under warranty but told him no more repairs because RPO cars don't have warranties.

They built 383 and 440 (not to mention 426) A body Barracudas.

It's the same engine compartment.

Now they are trying to pass it off as a real deal. There was never a big block duster ever built from the factory. If I remember , there used to be a correct fender tag for that car showing a 360. Im sure it has mysteriously disappeared

The seller is a toothless, UNeducated, mullet headed assclown.

................If u want to know the real story on this car, I strongly recommend u talk to Larry Shephard...............kim............

Now they are trying to pass it off as a real deal. There was never a big block duster ever built from the factory. If I remember , there used to be a correct fender tag for that car showing a 360. Im sure it has mysteriously disappeared

I looked at a factory 1970 Dart440. Right. The real weird deal is that the vin was from a factory 69' 440 Dart! Long story short, 10 years later the real 69 owner bought that VIN to put the car back to original. He had the car and other documentation to prove that was his vin tag. Got to love the power of the Internet.

No fender, no shocks, no plug wires.

This car was on CL right after it didn't sell on ebay (or sold for $1225)...

running and driving...for $2500.

I still say, build it to the VIN/Tag with a super clean 400 and exhaust manifolds.

Maybe a "Demon" scoop with 73/74 "400" stickers from a Roadrunner.

360 Duster still cool.

I think the closest of a big block engine being offered in a Duster/Demon shell, was a proto type 1971 Demon for class racing.

Think it was based on a 426 Max Wedge.
That would have been a cool package.

-
Back