[WANTED] 1975 feather duster or dart lite

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
1976 was the first and last year of the Dart Dart Light and Plymouth Feather Dusters.

Ditto on the 76, only year. I am looking for a Lite also. Found one down here in Texas, but it was gutted and I would have needed another car to make one out of two.
There is a Feather on Epay right now.
Good Luck!
Dart Lit Decal.jpg

I have 2 or 3 hoods, but I wouldn't trust trying to ship, not to mention the pain of shipping big parts to begin with.

i have a dart lite that needs floors,everything is there''' here in arizona

Leroy, can you post some pictures of the Lite? I am headed to AZ in Oct, maybe sooner.

Saw a nice Spirit of 76, and a few Dart Sports. A Dart Lite slant six engine. But I could not find a Dart Lite.

AL, I think.
I did the tempest thing, 1976 Dodge Dart, 2000 miles from Texas and got like 15 sites.

would like to buy complete feather duster or dart lite (1975's), preferably western u.s

I grew up in WI, I owned 2 Feather Dusters (both OD cars) and the problem your going to find is that there were only 1,500 of each Dart and Duster and they were only sold in 6 Midwestern states new from what I learned back in the day.

I looked at one out here in CA about 15 years ago that was an original IL rot bucket and another in OR that was from OH and pretty much the same. Texas was the early Silicone Valley (Texas Instruments) and a lot of people up north moved down in the early 80's so you may find one in decent shape there that probably already seen rust but not as bad as others. If you find a clean one you'll be lucky, most are rusted and picked apart for the lightweight parts. BTW, the hoods are actually ugly with the inner braces riveted in, the trunk lid is better and it's funny that they damn near take your head off when you open since they used the same trunk springs and it weighs about half.

The one I ended up restoring got 31 mpg when I bought it. I replaced both quarters, extensions, trunk pan, floors and fenders and that was in 83. Back then I had to get OEM parts from AZ at pricey shipping costs since there were no repops at the time. I think I paid $800 in truck freight, if I remember right. I did own it for about 10 years, drove it to CA in 1990 and it got smacked hard in a T-bone accident in 91 so it's gone. I ended up replacing it with a 74 Space Duster at the time w/ a 318, A/C, buckets and no console. I sold that one in 98 and I suspect it's still roaming the streets of San Jose.

Good luck my friend, John

would like to buy complete feather duster or dart lite (1975's), preferably western u.s

I forgot to mention, there is considerable corrosion on some of the hoods from the salt with the combination of the aluminum/steel composition, one of mine was real ugly.

Leroy, can you post some pictures of the Lite? I am headed to AZ in Oct, maybe sooner.
i don,t know when i can get my daughter to take the pictures, but you can call me and i can tell about the dart lite 602-404-0505 leroy

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back