"1975 Plyouth Duster" Model

-

adart4me

Reaction score
I was at Hobby Lobby yesterday shopping with my wife and daughter, so I made my way back to the model section to pass the time. I spotted a model labled as "1975 Plyouth Duster Hardtop" I pulled the box off the shelf and started looking it over. It wasn't even a Duster it was a 1973-1976 Dodge Dart Sport, it had the Dart hood, grill and header panel, it even said Dodge on the grill. How can somthing like this slip by the people who make and research these modles. You don't see a Chevell sold as a Nova or a GTO sold as a Lemans. I still bought the model.

By people that don't care and poor QC, who probably don't care.
Write them a letter and keep the box. When your old, it'll worth money.

That is true I have seen a 71 barracuda hot wheel labeled as a 71 rt challenger and it is a big collector,$$$

HAHA!!! I bought this model kit because I thought it would be cool to build it like my real Duster. I didn't even notice that it was a Dodge. Oh well, no reason to build now. Looks like it stays on the shelf with the other collectables. LOL

Years ago I bought two models, they were both 71 Hemi cudas the box was labeld as a '70. They will be worth alot one day....just with I still had them. It was corrected at one point so the screw up one will be worth more.

here are a few pics of that kit from AMT with the chassis and engine compartment parts from Revell's '68 Dart kit. the engine is from the AMT '71 Duster. the "Dart Sport" kit has very poor detailing on alot of the parts , so i swapped them for some much better parts. there is a resin conversion on the market to convert this kit to the Duster it is supposed to represent.
modelpics11-19-06006.jpg

modelpics11-19-06007.jpg

modelpics11-19-06009.jpg

modelpics11-19-06006.jpg

modelpics11-19-06007.jpg

modelpics11-19-06009.jpg

It's the double secret probationary S/B head no body is to know about, Quick! put a valve cover on it!

Hmmm.. Is that the new three barrel intake manifold made specifically for the double probationary s/b head? :tongue9:

Actually, I think I remember Holley making a three barrel in the late seventies or early eighties. The single large secondary was directly behind the two primaries. Didn't really catch on though.

I have forgotten how mutch I injoyed putting model car's together.
Seem's to me Monagrame was a faverit of mine year's ago.

I may have to do another one soon.

ramcharger said:
Hmmm.. Is that the new three barrel intake manifold made specifically for the double probationary s/b head? :tongue9:

Actually, I think I remember Holley making a three barrel in the late seventies or early eighties. The single large secondary was directly behind the two primaries. Didn't really catch on though.

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that GM might have used these on a Corvette back in the 60's.

I watched when they first released that kit. Did not see
pictures when first released and was really hoping. After
I seen it I thought Oh well. I bought a couple any way.
If you guy's are interested. Check out Hobby Heaven's
web site. www.modelcarkits.com.
They some times have old kits around. Look for the old
unbuilt or built kits. They also have a nice message board
also.

i couldnt tell you why they engraved the heads with all of those rockers or why the intake has the funny shaped opening, it is supposed to be a 340! for this build though it will be representing a standard 318. i plan on painting it that common yellow they all seemed to be with a black interior.

Thrashard340 said:
I vaguely remember reading somewhere that GM might have used these on a Corvette back in the 60's.

Just for fun I called the Holley tech line. After I asked him he put me on hold for about 10 minutes. The only answer I got was "They were made from the late 60's to the early seventy's, and we didn't make a whole lot of them."!!

ramcharger said:
Just for fun I called the Holley tech line. After I asked him he put me on hold for about 10 minutes. The only answer I got was "They were made from the late 60's to the early seventy's, and we didn't make a whole lot of them."!!

LOL :toothy7: Maybe your answer was outsourced too. If I remember correctly, they came on 427 Corvettes in the late 60's. Now I'll be digging through old issues of Musclecar Review to verify.

I have an old book on Holley carbs, printed in 1980. It says "...there actually was a Model 3160 and it was a three-barrel carburetor. It was introduced for use on the large displacement engines of the Sixties, and listed under part number R-3196-1AAS. Rear barrel measured 1-3/4 x 3-5/8 inches and airflow was 950 CFM." That and a picture was all I saw about it in the book. It looks like it had a really large vacuum diaphragm for the secondaries.

:burnout:

[QUOTE='64 Cuda]I have an old book on Holley carbs, printed in 1980. It says "...there actually was a Model 3160 and it was a three-barrel carburetor. It was introduced for use on the large displacement engines of the Sixties, and listed under part number R-3196-1AAS. Rear barrel measured 1-3/4 x 3-5/8 inches and airflow was 950 CFM." That and a picture was all I saw about it in the book. It looks like it had a really large vacuum diaphragm for the secondaries.

:burnout:[/QUOTE]

Man, 950 cfm! That sucker was big! I think they had a 3150 model too. Does anyone know if the 3150 was mechanical secondary?

-
Back