[SOLD] 1992 Dodge Dakota 518 overdrive transmission

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I safe in assuming the A500 is the overdrive version of the 904 and the 518 is the overdrive version of the 727?

Yes

Yes except the 500 is closer to an overdrive version of the 998/999 as it has the same lower than 904 gear set.

Apparently not all A500's (or maybe none?) have the low gear set. I rebuilt a 1991 A500 and it did not have the low gear set.

2 wire is for overdrive only, 3 wire is OD and lock-up converter.

If you were closer I would have grabbed it myself.

I'm interested but would need it shipped to 90025. If you can box it up and weigh it Greyhound can bring it...

PM pending

Greyhound max weight is 100 lbs. and tranny weighs 160 lbs. without box or packing material

What is the final verdic? Can I replace my 727 in my 65 belvedere with this with only crossmember moddes? Or does the floor need cutting ? Will a togle or vacuum switch do it? I am interested and could pick up

LOL...good questions...It depends on who you talk to...Come on joesnow for 100.00 you can buy it and sort out the solutions later....Whatta ya say?

joe not sure if your belv floor will need a little hammering or not,,,there is a company that has a complete kit switches and pressure switches to do this conversion,, its about 85 bucks for the complete kit,,i may have it saved if ur intrested,,,,

you can put it all on 2 toggle switches,,but you would have to kick the over drive and the lock up off every time you came to a stop,,,manually,,

with the kit, you choose the speed of travel you would like the over drive and lock up to turn on,,,once you select that, when you slow to a speed under your selection , the lock up and over drive kicks off,,you can also put the over drive kick off on the brake pedal,,,,,

if i was farther along in my street rod ide grab this trans

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back