1994 Lionel dealer promo.

-

Dartthunder340

Reaction score
Picked this up last month. It’s never been opened (the tracks below are still in plastic with rubber bands!) and I’m struggling with deciding to set it up.

The guy I got it from asked if I had kids. I said I had two and he told me to set it up under the Christmas tree and enjoy it with them. It was his Dad’s originally. Pretty neat kit.
294743CB-EFE5-45D6-AB92-AF317C4DC9B3.jpeg

More value watching the kids have fun with it.

Like 99% of the Lionel out there. Its never going to support your retirement. I would be gentle with the box though. Whatever its worth it will always be more with the box.

Yes I do have a big collection and its all runs.

I passed my 50 year old Lionel train set to my grandson. My parents & grandparents gave me a starter set for my 5th birthday. Every year for birthday & Christmas I got pieces as a gift. When I moved out of my parents house, it was relegated to the attic & the boxes did not fare well. I had an appraisal done thinking about selling it. When my grandson saw it & went crazy over it. So far, he & his dad have started building a shelf for it & assembling it in their garage. The grandson is building dioramas for different areas of the shelf which measures 16' x 12'.

That's an awesome find. Yup, I would run it.

My dad gave me his a long time ago. A member here decoded it to the 1950's.

I had a permanent set up in the basement when I was a kid. Now I get it out every Christmas to put around the tree and let my grandson run it.

Picked this up last month. It’s never been opened (the tracks below are still in plastic with rubber bands!) and I’m struggling with deciding to set it up.

The guy I got it from asked if I had kids. I said I had two and he told me to set it up under the Christmas tree and enjoy it with them. It was his Dad’s originally. Pretty neat kit.
View attachment 1715238855

Do it ! Best Christmas I ever had . Mom and dad got divorced about 2 yrs later, they were never the same after that.
Make some memories---------.

So here’s the worth in the Mopar Lionel set.

On eBay, a buy it now price of $165 plus $29 ship, nice shape, in the box which I thought was reasonable was relisted.

Those are awesome. My son collects diecast cars but he still has to learn to take care of them. Some already have dents and scratches.

Hah! I have three grandsons, 12, 10 and 6 yrs old. I just learned the 6 yr. old and his neighbor friend have started a diecast junk yard (his words). The basically trash cars to put in the junk yard. So now I tell him the diecast cars I give him are collectors, and that way they stay out of the junk yard. I could probably finish my project Cuda with the money I have spent on diecast for these boys.

But, hey, set up the train. I have a bunch of stuff "still in the wrapper" and I can't take it with me, and I sure don't want it buried with me, so starting to pass it on the the grandsons, slowly, but surely.

One of my best memories of Christmas was coming down Christmas morning and finding a train set up under the Christmas tree. It was a used clock works steam loco and tin type cars. Of course, only the cast loco survived my childhood. It sure was fun though.

I have the Lackawanna set, I'm sending to my brother. I also have a '50s era
passenger train, the cars are aluminum. Got this stuff from my mom 20 years after dad passed.
No interest at all in trains.

-
Back