2 good deeds today

General Discussion

1. 67/6barracuda

67/6barracuda FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    3:28 AM
    1st I stopped to save a turtle in the road. Picked him up and put back in the woods to live another day. He probably was cursing me for interrupting his day. I didn’t want him to turn into pavement bacon. 2nd leaving work a lady drove her boyfriends f150 into a deep ditch. She was probably on her phone, I don’t know how she did it. A 2wd Jeep Cherokee was giving his best effort to pull her out but didn’t have enough ass to get it done. I hooked up in the z71 4 low and just crawled her out with out effort. Just as I was leaving a cop was flying up with the lights on. He was two minutes to late. Saved that lady a ticket. Keep the good deeds going on folks. Our world is full of shit right now, yet we can still make a world of difference to someone. Cheers!!!

• Like Like x 11
    • 44070dart

44070dart How the hell did I get this old

Local Time:
      9:28 AM
      Hope you placed the turtle in the direction he was going in the first place. :)

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
    • oldkimmer

oldkimmer FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
      3:28 AM
      Good deal. Kim

• 67Dart273

67Dart273 FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
      1:28 AM
      Actually in some states YOU could have gotten a ticket for pulling someone out of the ditch. But I've done my share, back in the day

My most enjoyable was one night coming back home driving down a fringe urban street, in those days a straight paved 35mph street. Turns out a divorcee lived back off the road, not plowed, the mashed down snow and ice on the drive had made a narrow crown that was dangerous.........when it started to warm up

She had a 70's Sea Barge, I had a 74? Ford Courier with a bunch of tools and jack and a camper in the back. Weight. She had slid off the crown of her drive. I offered to help, in those days I was well versed in the use of stretchy nylon ropes.

Her snotty 16ish teen snarled and made a reference to guaranteed failure. I said how much you bet? He says "40!!"

So I hooked up and snatched that big barge right out of there. His Mom MADE HIM PAY UP!!!!

• Like Like x 3
      1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
        By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.