2" lift leaf springs

-

Dusted73

Reaction score
So I was looking at doing 2" lift leaf springs with offset shackles to move my rear springs in as much as possible, I'm going to be installing a shortened ford 8.8 rear out of a ford explorer. Does anyone have this combo, I have a few questions as to what shocks I should run and also I was thinking about running 15x8s with 275/60s. Will 2" springs be too high in the back? Can I squeeze wider tires that a 275? I don't mind if they stick out a little bit. It will be a summer driver but going for the 70s drag car look. I was thinking of using the jegs SSR star wheels

You didn't say what car you're working on?? Is this too high??
I have an extra set of mostly new lift springs.

DSC04274.JPG
DSC04275.JPG
DSC04279.JPG
DSC04280.JPG

I'm not a fan a ton of rake. 2" seems to be a lot. Shock type would depend on use, drag shocks would differ from street or road course type socks. l length would depend on how your springs set the rear and again the intended use.

View attachment 1715615859 View attachment 1715615861 View attachment 1715615862 View attachment 1715615863

View attachment 1715615859 View attachment 1715615861 View attachment 1715615862 View attachment 1715615863

Sorry, im working on a 73 duster.

Is your front higher than stock? I'm at 26" all 4 corners to the top of my wheel openings.
I raised the front a bit so the car wouldn't have too much rake. Can't remember the measurement on the wheel opening??

I raised the front a bit so the car wouldn't have too much rake. Can't remember the measurement on the wheel opening??
So I should go for 1" lift springs instead? I'm guessing my springs are pretty shot because the car is sitting level, I'm guessing it had factory rake and the springs are assed out. I jacked it up and put my rear openings at 28" with my fronts at 26 and it looked good but I'm guessing new springs stock height will sit up higher than what I have now.

Actually, the FSM - in the rear spring section - says that a flat leaf spring is normal, and slight reverse arch is acceptable.

I'm sorry.....that's just badass. lol
Thanks, I'm sure that I've written before that I grew up in the 50s/60s/70s and that's how we ran the cars back then. I wanted to build one like what we had back then. All the times I drove around town I never had one cross word about he car.....just the opposite. Young kids would have me pull over so they could take a selfie with my car. Everyone would see the back tires and say, "Wow, that looks so cool!!"

Thanks, I'm sure that I've written before that I grew up in the 50s/60s/70s and that's how we ran the cars back then. I wanted to build one like what we had back then. All the times I drove around town I never had one cross word about he car.....just the opposite. Young kids would have me pull over so they could take a selfie with my car. Everyone would see the back tires and say, "Wow, that looks so cool!!"
What size tires and rims are you running? Springs is stock locations? On that much rear lift do you need to change pinion angle?

Will those springs fit my duster? What are you looking to get for them shipped to Vermont?
They'd have to go by greyhound. You have to know how tall your rear tires will be and if they stick out at all you'll need a little extra room for your tires not to rub on the wheel lip when you hit a speed bump. If it's too high it's real easy and cheap to install lowering blocks till you get it the exact height you like.

I like them that way too. We did it all the time in the early 80s.

What size tires and rims are you running? Springs is stock locations? On that much rear lift do you need to change pinion angle?
They are MONSTERS on 12 inch wide rims. No pinion angle change if the spring mount perches are in the stock location (clock location). I installed the spring off set shackles.:
DSC08256.JPG

They'd have to go by greyhound. You have to know how tall your rear tires will be and if they stick out at all you'll need a little extra room for your tires not to rub on the wheel lip when you hit a speed bump. If it's too high it's real easy and cheap to install lowering blocks till you get it the exact height you like.
So what are you looking to get for your springs? Are they a 2 inch over stock?

So what are you looking to get for your springs? Are they a 2 inch over stock?
2 or 3 over stock but either way you can use lowering blocks to get it perfect?? You can also take out one leaf?? I don't need the springs since I've sold all my cars. They are fairly new and have been sitting in the garage. I only need to get $125 plus shipping but damn they awkward to carry. Greyhound is the only way to ship? Don't know if they fit your car but I'm sure someone here will know for sure.

2 or 3 over stock but either way you can use lowering blocks to get it perfect?? You can also take out one leaf?? I don't need the springs since I've sold all my cars. They are fairly new and have been sitting in the garage. I only need to get $125 plus shipping but damn they awkward to carry. Greyhound is the only way to ship? Don't know if they fit your car but I'm sure someone here will know for sure.
What were they on before? Were they the ones on the cuda?

What were they on before? Were they the ones on the cuda?
They were on the cuda but I didn't want to use lowering blocks so I got different springs. The pics I posted of my cuda have different springs than the ones I want to sell. I can post pics tomorrow if you like?? I did have them on my cuda (brand new) for about 3 weeks, think I paid around $325 for them.

They were on the cuda but I didn't want to use lowering blocks so I got different springs. The pics I posted of my cuda have different springs than the ones I want to sell. I can post pics tomorrow if you like?? I did have them on my cuda (brand new) for about 3 weeks, think I paid around $325 for them.
Screenshot_20201019-203530_Chrome.jpg

-
Back