2 step time !

-

j par

Well-hung Member
Reaction score
Well I've been recently accused of starting too many threads and I won't mention any names (318willrun :) ), but how else am I to learn if I don't ask questions? At least I'm not "that guy" you know the kind of guy that never ever starts any threads yet comments on everybody else's with a bunch of highTechnology and never shows a picture of his own car. anyways so I've got two step up with a button on my steering wheel and of course I'm running a 4 speed. And never have got the line lock to work. I've returned it, I bled it, I cursed at it, and nothing seems to work. so I've just given up on it and in the burnout box I just have to break a little bit to keep it there for a few seconds as I'm not really interested in a big nasty Smokey burnout that wears out my tires and doesn't really get me anymore traction. So with that said I also don't want to put some button underneath my clutch pedal so I just put it up on my steering wheel. So the plan this race day is to set the two-step at 3500 RPMs and when both cars are completely staged pushing the button slam the gas pedal to the floorboard and on the last yellow light let go of the clutch and the button at the same time and hope for the reaction that I want ? Also as far as the line lock goes never had it roll out of the starting lights before.

Its true I am primitively old school but still curious. What is a two step?
What would a switch on a clutch pedal activate? Solinoid for line lock?

Its true I am primitively old school but still curious. What is a two step?
What would a switch on a clutch pedal activate? Solinoid for line lock?
It's a switch activated adjustable rev limiter.

What class are you running in ? In some classes 2 steps are illegal. Or a button on the steering wheel.

Just a small nostalgic class. I know my buddy runs a trans brake on his automatic.

Just a small nostalgic class. I know my buddy runs a trans brake on his automatic.

I shouldn't say **** because the first part of you post was toward me, I will let it go and help you out.

DO NOT TRY TO RUN THE 2 STEP OFF A SWITCH ON THE STEERING WHEEL. FORGET THE THOUGHT.

You MUST run it off the clutch pedal, and it MUST release the clutch AS SOON AS YOUR FOOT TWITCHES.

Otherwise it will eat parts, or if you are lucky just be an inconsistent nightmare.

So if I Posted pics would you feel better? Sometimes, you should just keep your mouth shut, and your mind open. You actually might learn something.

THE WHOLE FORUM WANTS TO SEE A PICTURE OF YOUR CAR AND I'LL DO WHAT EVER I WANT ! :finga:

THE WHOLE FORUM WANTS TO SEE A PICTURE OF YOUR CAR AND I'LL DO WHAT EVER I WANT ! :finga:

Really dude? Are you shitting me? You can question my bona fides all you want. If a picture gets your rocks off that's on you.

When you get over your little school girl attitude, let me know.

The real issue is I have seen your car in person, and in video. I PM'd you and gave you free advise.

Do what you want. I don't post pics.

well I finally bit your hook and I got just what I was supposed too. Go ahead and call me more names and get your last word in.... I pretty much deserve it for even acknowledging you....

well I finally bit your hook and I got just what I was supposed too. Go ahead and call me more names and get your last word in.... I pretty much deserve it for even acknowledging you....

Yup, you shouldn't run your mouth. Makes you look foolish.

I'll see you around.

I see, 2 step = launch rpm limiter & upper rpm limiter all in one unit.
I never used a launch rpm limiter before just an old mechanical rev limiter
with springs & weights.
Keep us posted if your consistently improves.

I see, 2 step = launch rpm limiter & upper rpm limiter all in one unit.
I never used a launch rpm limiter before just an old mechanical rev limiter
with springs & weights.
Keep us posted if your consistently improves.
Well thats what I put it in there for (consistent starts) I've just never used one. So i was wondering what others have used as a starting point? No worries, I've been posting almost everything I've done since we bought the car.

is sat test n tune for anyone? it's not a stick shift class? just curious, might wander in then.

It like YR said. It absolutely, positively has to be on the pedal. Don't even try it on the wheel....or any button for that matter. It will get ya all over the place, if your drivetrain survives.

Not sure of your combo, but at 3500 you may get bog. Don't forget with a 2 step, you lose that accelerator pump shot. FWIW, I set mine up at 5000.

Don't want to see ya break ****.

It like YR said. It absolutely, positively has to be on the pedal. Don't even try it on the wheel....or any button for that matter. It will get ya all over the place, if your drivetrain survives.

Not sure of your combo, but at 3500 you may get bog. Don't forget with a 2 step, you lose that accelerator pump shot. FWIW, I set mine up at 5000.

Don't want to see ya break ****.
I don't have to use it, but I normally rev or hold a steady rmp but I've always went by sound or feal. I was thinking the two-step would hold that rpm more consistent ? It seems a button underneath the clutch would release before the clutch engaged ?

We have our set at 3000 rpm while using a transbrake, never had a problem with the engine bogging at that rpm...

the button under the clutch will release a split second before the clutch engages, so set the rpm a hair lower than what U want. on a test day U might do O K with a switch on the wheel, but on race day, in the heat of the battle, watching the tree and fllooring it and dumping the clutch and telling your brain to let go of a button at the same time and be ready to shift is very tough! if U have it hooked up try it and see

the button under the clutch will release a split second before the clutch engages, so set the rpm a hair lower than what U want. on a test day U might do O K with a switch on the wheel, but on race day, in the heat of the battle, watching the tree and fllooring it and dumping the clutch and telling your brain to let go of a button at the same time and be ready to shift is very tough! if U have it hooked up try it and see
LOL - There's a lot going on in a short amount of time ! That's for sure. I really wish I had more time to test, but I never expect to go past the first round as I'm inexperienced and the only 4 speed in my class. I'm just there to have fun and enjoy the company of my fellow racers. AND GET HOME SAFE! The scenario that I play in my brain is I let go the clutch and button at the same time. I wonder how Sox & Martin did it?

YR and You can meet up in the staging lanes for some two stepping,,,,,,,,

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRYOqjtfXkc"]How to dance the Two-Step. Free 2-Step Dancing Lessons w/Shawn Trautman - YouTube[/ame]

-
Back