2020 10th Annual FABO NHRA "Pick 'Em" Game - Are You Ready For Some NITRO?!!

-
Itching for some drag racing?
I saw a post on Nitromater.com this morning about the short movie Seven Second Love Affair made back in 1966. It's shot mainly at Lions and shows what it was like back in the day.
I'd never seen it before but found it available on Amazon Prime so watched it this morning and thoroughly enjoyed it. Brought back LOTS of memories of SoCal back then.
It's also available on youtube.com.
Take a look if you haven't seen it. It tells the story of famed NHRA Official Starter Rick Stewart's early Top Fuel driver days. Outstanding garage shots of them working on their TF car. This movie will really bring you back to how it was back then.

7SecondLoveAffair_041920.jpg

Announcement out of Glendora today said the current 2020 NHRA season is planned to resume in August - with fans in the stands.
The season will be an 18-event schedule, including the 2 events that have already been completed. All events that were rescheduled for June and July have now been cancelled, including the entire 'Western Swing'.
It looks like the balance of the season will be in the midwest/east to help consolidate travel and cut expenses.
No "Countdown". It's going to be an old-fashioned points race to the end.
Of course, the final two events of the season will probably still be Las Vegas and Pomona.
I will post the schedule as soon as it becomes available.

Gainsville Picks.
Top Fuel : Steve Torrence
Funny Car : Matt Hagen
Pro Stock Car : Erica Enders
Pro Stock Bike : Andrew Hines.

Hey 'BiT' -
Gainesville isn't happening until Sept. 25-27. Are you sure you want to make your picks this early?

They drop the event at New England Dragway..screw NHRA:icon_fU::icon_fU::icon_fU::icon_fU:!!

Hey 'BiT' -
Gainesville isn't happening until Sept. 25-27. Are you sure you want to make your picks this early?
Sorry, NHRA Website does piss poor job of reporting things. What I saw was apparently an earlier version :) My Bad :) I'll pick at the right time. Thanks.

Here's the newly revised remainder of the 2020 NHRA schedule, including two added events in Indianapolis to kick things off. This schedule was just released today from Glendora and can be found on nhra.com:

July 11-12 NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing at Lucas Oil Raceway, Indianapolis, IN (TF, FC, PS, PSM)
July 18-19 NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing at Lucas Oil Raceway, Indianapolis, IN (TF, FC)
July 31-Aug. 2 Flav-R-Pac NHRA Northwest Nationals, Seattle, WA (TF, FC, PS, PSM)
Aug. 7-9 Dodge Mile-High NHRA Nationals, Denver, CO (TF, FC, PSM)
Aug. 14-16 Lucas Oil NHRA Nationals, Brainerd, MN (TF, FC)
Aug. 21-23 Menards NHRA Heartland Nationals, Topeka, KS (TF, FC, PS)
Aug. 28-30 NHRA Southern Nationals, Atlanta, GA (TF, FC)
Sept. 3-6 Denso Spark Plugs NHRA U.S. Nationals, Indianapolis, IN (TF, FC, PS, PSM)
Sept. 11-13 Mopar Express Lane NHRA Nationals, Reading, PA (TF, FC, PS, PSM)
Sept. 18-20 NGK Spark Plugs Four-Wide Nationals, Charlotte, NC (TF, FC, PS, PSM)
Sept. 25-27 Amalie Motor Oil NHRA Gatornationals, Gainesville, FL (TF, FC, PS, PSM)
Oct. 2-4 AAA Insurance NHRA Midwest Nationals, St. Louis, IL (TF, FC, PS, PSM)
Oct. 9-11 NHRA Thunder Valley Nationals, Bristol, TN (TF, FC, PS, PSM)
Oct. 16-18 AAA Texas NHRA FallNationals, Dallas, TX (TF, FC, PS, PSM)
Oct. 23-25 Mopar Express Lane NHRA SpringNationals, Houston, TX (TF, FC, PS, PSM)
Oct. 30-Nov. 1 Dodge NHRA Nationals, Las Vegas, NV (TF, FC, PS, PSM)
Nov. 13-15 Auto Club NHRA Finals (TF, FC, PS, PSM)

All of the above listed events, except the U.S. Nationals, will be 2-day events for the Pro Classes included in our "Pick 'Em" game. Two rounds of qualifying on Saturday and eliminations on Sunday. The U.S. Nationals will include an extra day of qualifying (1 round only) on Friday, Sept. 4, for TF, FC, PS and PSM.
Also, all of the listed events will have FANS IN THE STANDS, but a limited number of fans according to each individual states guidelines.

Make sure to get your picks posted before qualifying starts for each event.

Last edited:
Here's the newly revised remainder of the 2020 NHRA schedule, including two added events in Indianapolis to kick things off. This schedule was just released today from Glendora and can be found on nhra.com:

July 11-12 NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing at Lucas Oil Raceway, Indianapolis, IN (TF, FC, PS, PSM)
July 18-19 NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing at Lucas Oil Raceway, Indianapolis, IN (TF, FC)
July 31-Aug. 2 Flav-R-Pac NHRA Northwest Nationals, Seattle, WA (TF, FC, PS, PSM)
Sept. 3-6 Denso Spark Plugs NHRA U.S. Nationals, Indianapolis, IN (TF, FC, PS, PSM)
Sept. 18-20 NGK Spark Plugs Four-Wide Nationals, Charlotte, NC (TF, FC, PS, PSM)
Sept. 25-27 Amalie Motor Oil NHRA Gatornationals, Gainesville, FL (TF, FC, PS, PSM)
Oct. 23-25 Mopar Express Lane NHRA SpringNationals, Houston, TX (TF, FC, PS, PSM)

All of the above listed events, except the U.S. Nationals, will be 2-day events for the Pro Classes included in our "Pick 'Em" game. Two rounds of qualifying on Saturday and eliminations on Sunday. The U.S. Nationals will include an extra day of qualifying (1 round only) on Friday, Sept. 4, for TF, FC, PS and PSM.
Also, all of the listed events will have FANS IN THE STANDS, but a limited number of fans according to each individual states guidelines.

I should have known you would be on top of it. :)

Cant wait! But will most teams be able to keep up with this schedule?
Its like every weekend except 2

NHRA CANCELS FLAV-R-PAC NORTHWEST NATIONALS DUE TO STATE OF WASHINGTON COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS

NHRA Northwest Nationals canceled due to state and county restrictions

Here's the newly amended 2020 NHRA schedule:

Since I forgot who I picked, I’m going to change my picks
T/F. Steve Torrence
F/C. Matt Hagen
P/S. Erica Enders
P/MC Matt Smith
Lock in please.
Good luck everyone

Since I forgot who I picked, I’m going to change my picks
T/F. Steve Torrence
F/C. Matt Hagen
P/S. Erica Enders
P/MC Matt Smith
Lock in please.
Good luck everyone

Your new picks have been recorded and locked.
FYI, your prior picks were:
TF Leah Pritchett
FC Ron Capps
PS Bo Butner
PSM Matt Smith

Jonnie Lindberg is subbing in the driver seat for Bob Tasca III at the Indy event next weekend.
Tasca had positive COVID-19 diagnosis and won't return until he's received approval from his doctor.

You haven't seen one of these for awhile...

Here is your "Tuesday before the race" reminder to post your picks for the 2020 E3 Spark Plugs NHRA Nationals in Indianapolis if you haven't done so already.
The NHRA website currently shows 18 Top Fuel, 18 Funny Car, 22 Pro Stock and 16 Pro Stock Motorcycle entries.
The current weather forecast calls for high temps of 89F on Friday with about a 40% chance of rain starting about noon and turning into thunderstorms after 3PM, 87F on Saturday with no rain in the forecast, and 84F on Sunday with about a 20-25% chance of light rain from noon to 3PM.
Post those picks!

Please double check the current event entry list for your driver picks at https://www.nhra.com/schedule/2020/nhra-mello-yello-drag-racing-series/e3-spark-plugs-nhra-nationals#tab-competitors to verify your picks are competing in this first event back from the COVID-19 hiatus. There are some BIG names not entered for this event and some other BIG names returning.

HEY GUYS, CHECK THE CURRENT EVENT ENTRY LIST TO VERIFY IF YOUR PICKS ARE RACING AT THIS EVENT!!!
You're going to be disappointed if you pick a driver who is not competing and get 0 points for the class.

TF Tony Schumacher
FC Ron capps
Ps Greg Anderson
Psm Eddie Krawiec
Lock up for now

For the July 11-12th race only:
TF - Antron Brown
FC - Jack Beckman
PS - Erica Enders
PSM - Angele Sampey

-
Back