215/60/15 vs 215/65/15 does anybody have picutes

-

Kipprc

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Anybody have pictures of 215/65/15 on their ride with 255/60/15 on the rear? The BFG radial T/As look like the only game in town if I want raised white letters and stay with a 215/60/15 up front. I just find the reviews on the BFGs to be terrible. The Cooper Cobras look like my only option if I want to stay with the white lettering, but they don't make a 215/60/15 (just a 215/65/15). Anybody pics of what I am looking for or some other tire suggestions that I should take a look at?

986FC085-90E7-4F34-ABC1-6415CD6A3E4E.jpeg
C576548E-045D-4655-9069-E9DFF052C5BB.jpeg
0FE346AD-2FC6-4A56-84F9-B2EB99E14777.jpeg

This is the 215/60/15 Cooper Cobra on my 72 Demon. There is more room but I wanted tires I can rotate so it’s the same up front. The profile difference is minimal between the two sizes you mentioned. Sorry I don’t have any good shots of the rear width. It’s “okay” looking from behind, but I don’t care what the guy I just passed sees .... but taillights.

I have 2.55 15's on the rear but 14's on the front of my Swinger. The BFG'S are goodbye they had white letter discoloration issues years back. I have heard a rep at Carlisle this year said the hissue has been fixed.

I have 2.55 15's on the rear but 14's on the front of my Swinger. The BFG'S are goodbye they had white letter discoloration issues years back. I have heard a rep at Carlisle this year said the hissue has been fixed.

Out of curiosity would that be a Coker rep or a BFG rep? I see the tire being sold as two different part number on all the major tire distributors.

Out of curiosity would that be a Coker rep or a BFG rep? I see the tire being sold as two different part number on all the major tire distributors.
I see that. I just read the info on a thread on FBBO. As long as they didn't change the font of the letters I will be OK to just replace the rears. Last time I checked at Sam's Club, they couldn't get the 255-60/15's from their warehouse. May be all the BFG inventory was gone and the Coker inventory hadn't arrived yet. My internet is down and I will do some more digging when it's back up. Doing everything on the phone sucks. I will only buy local. If there is a warranty issue it will be taken care of. Not so much when you order from Summit or Jegs. "Take it to a local dealer" The local dealer says "take it back to who you bought them from"

:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

69 Dart:
Running BFG P 205/60 R15s with raised Brown letters on the Front.
20210721_103401.jpg
20210721_103428.jpg

P 235/70 R15s on the rear.
20210721_103501.jpg

20210721_103445.jpg

(Didn't roll over the wheel well on the rears, have about 5/8 inch clearance)
20210721_105313.jpg

View attachment 1715769040
Screenshot_20210721-110038_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

Mike too bad I missed you at Carlisle.
Did you hear if BFGoodrich would be pro rating the Brown letters to replace with new White lettered tires?
The serial numbers on the defective tires should tell.
Joe

The 65s seem to be about 3/4" taller than the 60s. Unless you are really close with the 60s, the 65s should be fine. I kinda like a taller tire to fill the wheel well anyway.

Mike too bad I missed you at Carlisle.
Did you hear if BFGoodrich would be pro rating the Brown letters to replace with new White lettered tires?
The serial numbers on the defective tires should tell.
Joe
I missed the Carlisle trip this year. I just caught a conversation about the factory rep on FBBO. I bet they won't pro-rate the issue but you could check with your dealer to make sure.

Well, there is also mastercraft avenger, hankook, and mickey thompson for raised white letters. There is also one more brand that i cant think the name of.
Edit: Vitour Formula. And also cooper and michelin make outline raised white letters. (And i think there is still one more manufacturer. Edit: Hercules hp400)

Last edited:
Well, there is also mastercraft avenger, hankook, and mickey thompson for raised white letters. There is also one more brand that i cant think the name of.
Edit: Vitour Formula. And also cooper and michelin make outline raised white letters. (And i think there is still one more manufacturer)
I like the Mickeys. Probably the next brand I will buy.

I like the Mickeys. Probably the next brand I will buy.
I think the mickeys are made by cooper, essentially cooper cobra's with a different name and tread design.
Im cheap, so i would price shop, but i have used both coopers on my truck, and mickeys on my street/strip car. I like, and would re-buy, both.

@Joey4speed thanks for those pics. Nice ride you have there.

@33IMP I actually do nick a very small corner of the bottom of drivers side fender with the 60s in front. I thought that was because the tire was a hair wide at 215, but I guess it could be because it's too tall. I find most of the brands for the rear. It is the front tires I have trouble finding. Not that it makes a great visual difference, but I like the fronts about 2 inches shorter and not as wide as the rears.

I think the mickeys are made by cooper, essentially cooper cobra's with a different name and tread design.
Im cheap, so i would price shop, but i have used both coopers on my truck, and mickeys on my street/strip car. I like, and would re-buy, both.
Coopers are good. I ran them on my personal cars and tool trucks. I ran Mickeys back in the day before we started selling B FG's at the parts store.

@Joey4speed thanks for those pics. Nice ride you have there.

@33IMP I actually do nick a very small corner of the bottom of drivers side fender with the 60s in front. I thought that was because the tire was a hair wide at 215, but I guess it could be because it's too tall. I find most of the brands for the rear. It is the front tires I have trouble finding. Not that it makes a great visual difference, but I like the fronts about 2 inches shorter and not as wide as the rears.
If you are already nicking the front corner on turns, you probably cant afford the extra 3/8" height. (The front half of the extra 3/4").

Yeah, thats why I'm so hesitant to purchase the Cooper Cobras right now. That $100 dollar price difference had me wanting to take a shot. I guess if I go down to a 205/60/15, I should clear the fender. It catches a tiny almost unseen spot on the fender on turns with the 215. Looks like I will be sticking with the BFG's

I used to run the exact front/rear sizes you are considering: 215/65 and 255/60 on 15x6/15x8 rims. Spent a lot of time calculating the sidewall height and section width (tread width really wasn’t a concern) of various tires so as to have as much as possible equal “bulge” front/rear and a good rake, but not excessive. What you are considering size size is about the ideal as far as matched goes. Check out some visualizers and try different tire combos to get a better idea of the stance you want.

-
Back