225 head pipe

-

318willrun

Utube channel 318willrun
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Can't seem to find a 2.25" or 2.5" (or super six) head pipe for my D150 slant six. Anyone know of somebody who sells these?

Have one made up at your local exhaust tubing bender.

s-l400.jpg

Here is a 2" full exhaust system on Ebay.

Screenshot_20240826-030736_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240826-030707_Gallery.jpg

☆☆☆☆☆

Accurate exhaust sells over sized exhaust for /6 cars. I never looked into for a pick up. Maybe contact them. They have it available but not listed. If not a simple visit to a local muffler shop and typically a $100 bill will get what ya need.

TTI sells a Slant Headpipe for A-bodies- don't know if it will work for you truck

TTI sells a Slant Headpipe for A-bodies- don't know if it will work for you truck
I was looking at them and wondering the same..... 120 plus shipping is what they get. Like everything else, I was hoping somebody out there would be making a 2-foot pipe that comes off of the manifold like they spit out so many other things. Especially since there seems to be a market for slant stuff right now....

Let me go dig through my pile of stuff. I have parts of the factory exhaust I took off my 82 D150 slant and I'm pretty sure the headpipe is there. I'm not sure if the headpipe diameter is what you're after but I can measure what I have.

I was looking at them and wondering the same..... 120 plus shipping is what they get. Like everything else, I was hoping somebody out there would be making a 2-foot pipe that comes off of the manifold like they spit out so many other things. Especially since there seems to be a market for slant stuff right now....

I have a friend in Minnesota with an exhaust bending machine. I am sure we could make a 2 1/4" headpipe that will bolt up to your slant 6 manifold. I may even have a couple slanty exhaust systems to copy the bends off from.

Just takes someone with the "Wants" to do it to get it done.

318s run 2" off the head pipes into 2.5" exhaust tubing out to the back, and that's single exhaust.

Great performance for street driven, not running 6000 plus rpm.

Can't seem to find a 2.25" or 2.5" (or super six) head pipe for my D150 slant six. Anyone know of somebody who sells these?
I have a couple of TTI 2.5" head pipes. They're not the full length, but they stop about right under the driver's floor. Plenty to hook an exhaust to. I'd suspect for a truck, you'd need to cut the flange off and add some for more height. But I don't know.

I have a friend in Minnesota with an exhaust bending machine. I am sure we could make a 2 1/4" headpipe that will bolt up to your slant 6 manifold. I may even have a couple slanty exhaust systems to copy the bends off from.

Just takes someone with the "Wants" to do it to get it done.

318s run 2" off the head pipes into 2.5" exhaust tubing out to the back, and that's single exhaust.

Great performance for street driven, not running 6000 plus rpm.

I have a couple of TTI 2.5" head pipes. They're not the full length, but they stop about right under the driver's floor. Plenty to hook an exhaust to. I'd suspect for a truck, you'd need to cut the flange off and add some for more height. But I don't know.
Thanks guys! I just didn't know if slant folks had a "go to" source or not. I can have one made here but thought I'd see if there was a supplier that supported the slants. IF there was, when I do projects like this, I like to give a shout out to their company on the install video and help them and other slant owners. Looks like an opportunity for someone if they had a pipe bender and welder......

Id be interested in the same thing as "318 will run" for my truck. What would fit his would for mine.

Unfortunately just opening up the exhaust system on a slanty is not going to wake them up from the dead.

Unless you go high compression and cam like Rusty did.

Had the '78 225 factory 2 bbl setup and the '76 225 1bbl with the best factory cam. No comparison when going to stock 318 with a 4 bbl. Night and day difference, I know I tried. 2 totally different vehicles going from a slanty to a V8.

Wish it were different, the slanties will stretch your mpg though.

☆☆☆☆☆

Yup I know that. I've increased the cr of mine, (not to the extent rusty did) and went to super 6 plus a mild cam and ported head and o/s valves

Start a Parts wanted thread for a used one.
I will just have one made. I just thought the slants were supported a little better with all the super six swaps happening, and the exhaust was part of the super six package. They don't even offer a replacement at the part stores or rock auto that I could find :)

I will just have one made. I just thought the slants were supported a little better with all the super six swaps happening, and the exhaust was part of the super six package. They don't even offer a replacement at the part stores or rock auto that I could find :)
It was and yet it wasn't. The manifolds still had the small 1 7/8" outlet and yet they put the bigger pipe on them. Crazy.

Unfortunately just opening up the exhaust system on a slanty is not going to wake them up from the dead.

Unless you go high compression and cam like Rusty did.

Had the '78 225 factory 2 bbl setup and the '76 225 1bbl with the best factory cam. No comparison when going to stock 318 with a 4 bbl. Night and day difference, I know I tried. 2 totally different vehicles going from a slanty to a V8.

Wish it were different, the slanties will stretch your mpg though.

☆☆☆☆☆

Sigh, another V8 guy that doesn't know how to tune a \6. When we were racing, the biggest improvement on my wife's stock '73 Duster was installing a 2 1/2" exhaust system. The second was a shift kit in the 904. The third was a super six manifold with an Autolite 2100. The bigger exhaust and intake allowed the engine to breath. The shift kit allowed the transmission to shift correctly to take advantage of the other changes.

This allowed that Duster to run a mid 11 second 1/8 mile. And this was with 2.73 rear gears. Not bad for 225 cubic inches of raw power.

On our current '74 Duster, we are running 3" exhaust from the T-bar support to the bumper. Off the manifold it is 2 1/2" tapered to 3". And the manifold has been port matched and the outlet has been opened to 2 3/8" and yeah there is a noticeable difference.

-
Back