Not open for further replies.

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Contact seller
Hi all, looking for a 67 273 PCV valve....in all reality Im looking for the "chrome can" that goes on the PCV valve. I know there are repops, but I figured I would see if there is an original one out there on someones shelf?? It would help dress up under the hood on Dads cuda.

Thanks
Steve

Steve the 67 uses pcv grommet push-in type not the smoke stack push-on type. The 66 and earlier ones used the chrome bell around the pcv.

Hey John, in this pic I have the nut and the pcv valve. Exact same. I read/assumed this was the correct setup. But why did they thread the top of the PCV valve itself??

Attachments

• PCV VALVE.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 348
Steve...thats the early version...'67 uses a rubber grommet to hold the PCV...

http://phoenixspecialtycoatings.com/uploads/2/8/2/5/2825131/8736163_orig.jpg?389http://phoenixspecialtycoatings.com/uploads/2/8/2/5/2825131/8736163.jpg?389
**Pic swiped from Leanna's page!**

I have a new grommet(correct one) and it fits the pvc in my pic above perfectly. Why is the pvc threaded??
IF the one from Leannas pic are correct for 67, why the heck is the grommet hole so big??
I really hope this doesnt turn into another "pulley thread"....:banghead:

Steve...the grommet's not installed yet on that one, but thats the hole it fits into. Here's one complete...

I think it's threaded because it's probably exactly the same PCV from previous years, just different mounting arrangement.

Attachments

• 67CommandoCovers4.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 311
Steve...the grommet's not installed yet on that one, but thats the hole it fits into. Here's one complete...

I think it's threaded because it's probably exactly the same PCV from previous years, just different mounting arrangement.

OK thanks Darwin, BUT WHY in tarnation wouldnt they have continued with the "chrome can?" It looks cool as heck.
What was the purpose of the can by the way?? LOL

I still want one...at least then I can decide whether to put it on or not! Its nice having options...

OK thanks Darwin, BUT WHY in tarnation wouldnt they have continued with the "chrome can?" It looks cool as heck.
What was the purpose of the can by the way?? LOL

I still want one...at least then I can decide whether to put it on or not! Its nice having options...

I guess it was just an update to production methods...(read: cheaper)

The can is used to hold the PCV valve on the earlier '65/'66 dual-stove-pipe covers.

You can't use the "can" on '67 covers...it only fits the 65/66 covers.

The "can" can also be found on early slants, and HEMI's...the slant ones aren't chrome.

These are '65 covers, with the 2 "stove pipes"....

[URL="http://phoenixspecialtycoatings.com/uploads/2/8/2/5/2825131/4086129_orig.jpg"][/URL]

**Again, courtesy Phoenix Specialty Coatings**

Slant 6 and Poly covers....probably all the same "can"...

http://phoenixspecialtycoatings.com/uploads/2/8/2/5/2825131/6282105.jpg?401

Leanna's gonna feel violated in the morning...LOL

NOTE: The early and late slant covers have the same "update" to their respective PCV systems.

Violated??? No way Darwin -- I'm honored that you chose some of my pictures to illustrate your point. Steve's pic is of KrazyKuda Karl's (it's easy to tell by the Dalmatian's toes in the pic as he was giving the parts his Spot Check :-D) and yours above is a shot of 65Dartman Don's array of Poly and Slant 6 covers.

I can't help out with your search for the pcv valve though. The ones I get in here get restored and returned to their owner.

lovely paint on those 6 covers Leanne, I painted mine just like that with the taped natural silver ribs before I saw your work. Ill admit yours are shinier! So the dual stovepipes are the early ones....got it.

lovely paint on those 6 covers Leanne, I painted mine just like that with the taped natural silver ribs before I saw your work. Ill admit yours are shinier! So the dual stovepipes are the early ones....got it.

65 and 66 have two stove pipes. One has the long wire harness bracket, the other has the bendable metal tabs. I think that the 66 had the long wire harness bracket, and 65 had the two tabs...

And who wouldn't want to violate Leanna??? :D :prayer:

Thanks pishta but I'm the world's worst painter. Commandos are always done with my Wetstone Black powder which is a far cry from VHT or commercial wrinkle paint. Humidity can impact the shine a bit but no customer has complained to me yet.

Still no pcv in my stash Steve. Keep bumping the thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back