Not open for further replies.

HiPoVALIANT

Similar yes but no, not at all like your Grandma's
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Contact seller
I'm looking for a 273 V8 4BBL Throttle Kick Down Rod. They apparently are longer than the 2 BBL version? Please let me know what you have. Thanks.

The rod looks like this:

Attachments

• 1965 ValiantCommandoManifolds2.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 469
Thanks Dustin. I guess I'll have to do that if nobody comes up with one here. Do you recall how much you extended the 2BBL rod?

Bob

Dartsun: A pic would be great. If you wouldn't mind send me a measurement of the total length of the rod also. Thanks much!

If you would consider this, you could always change out from the old style linkage with the large linkage plate to the newer style 3 piece kickdown correct for 340/auto cars! I did this on my 66 Cuda with zero problems! Just need the linkage, the bellcrank that mounts to the trans, and the newer style throttle cablmount with the upper bellcrank! They used to sell it all in a set for $35, probably a little more now!! Just look for "340 3 piece Kickdown Linkage", I think I got mine from Penstar Productions! Geof

If you would consider this, you could always change out from the old style linkage with the large linkage plate to the newer style 3 piece kickdown correct for 340/auto cars! I did this on my 66 Cuda with zero problems! Just need the linkage, the bellcrank that mounts to the trans, and the newer style throttle cablmount with the upper bellcrank! They used to sell it all in a set for $35, probably a little more now!! Just look for "340 3 piece Kickdown Linkage", I think I got mine from Penstar Productions! Geof

Thanks Geof. I might have to consider doing that. No rush so just gonna give it some time to see if I can come up with an original rod here on Fabo. Bob

The free throttle return slot at the throttle end is a safety feature. I don't know exactly what year that appeared. I wouldn't seek a linkage that didn't include it.

Sorry so long for pic..the rod is about 11.5 inches long. Dustin

That's it Dustin. The 2bbl rods are only approx. 10 inches long. Thanks a lot! Just have to find one for a 4bbl now or make one. Bob

Will do Bob

Post pics and dimensions, so once I get home I can dbl chk the one I have.

4spdragtop:

Here is a picture of a 273 Throttle Rod. It is the 2BBL version and is approx. 10 inches long. According to dartsun (Dustin) the 4BBL version is approx. 11 1/2 inches long. The threaded adjuster is the carb stud/socket type.

Thanks much for your response and if you have a 4BBL rod that you are willing to sell, I'm a buyer!

Please contact me when you are back home.

Bob

Attachments

• Small Block Throttle Rod2.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 147
I'm going to say this one more time... There is no free throttle return in that design.
I wouldn't give the POS to you if I had it. Anyone who did would be partially responsible if when your runaway car hit a tree, school bus, whatever.
I wont type out an analogy about a ship of fools.

4spdragtop:

Here is a picture of a 273 Throttle Rod. It is the 2BBL version and is approx. 10 inches long. According to dartsun (Dustin) the 4BBL version is approx. 11 1/2 inches long. The threaded adjuster is the carb stud/socket type.

Thanks much for your response and if you have a 4BBL rod that you are willing to sell, I'm a buyer!

Please contact me when you are back home.

Bob

Hi Bob, here is a pic(not mine) of what I have at home. It has the slot and threaded end for adjustment. The other end snaps on to the ball stud mounted on intake. I havent been home and still not sure when, but wanted to let you know what I may have kicking around.

I'm going to say this one more time... There is no free throttle return in that design.
I wouldn't give the POS to you if I had it. Anyone who did would be partially responsible if when your runaway car hit a tree, school bus, whatever.
I wont type out an analogy about a ship of fools.

Yeah Ben if it is a snap on type with no "free play" I would tend to agree.

Attachments

• 273KickdownLrgCORRECT (Small).jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 123
This is a picture of the kick down rod that I just got off of a very original but rusty 65 Formula S. You can see that it measures approximately 10".

Attachments

• 20141206_115343.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 119
Hi Bob, here is a pic(not mine) of what I have at home. It has the slot and threaded end for adjustment. The other end snaps on to the ball stud mounted on intake. I havent been home and still not sure when, but wanted to let you know what I may have kicking around.

Yeah Ben if it is a snap on type with no "free play" I would tend to agree.

4spdragtop: O.K. I'll heed the warnings. Contact me when you get home. Thanks. Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back