273 stalling

-

bbengs70@yahoo.

67redfish
Reaction score
Hello all,

Great site! I just ran across it. Anyway, I have a 67 Barracuda running the original 273 (30 over) with a Edelbrock Performer carb and manifold. I have had some problems since moving to Colorado last summer. I changed the carb jets and that seemed to fix everything during the summer. The car has been sitting in the garage since Oct but I decided to get it out yesterday and take a drive to get the fluids flowing. It started right up but after about a mile I started heading up a hill when the engine quit. It would not restart so I ended up parking it for a few hours. When I went back it took some cranking but it did start and make it back into the garage. Sorry for the long story, but I wanted some suggestions as to what the problem might be. Am I looking at old gas (Sep) or some sort of carb problem? Thanks.

check the filter. is it gummed up? is gas getting thru to the carb? make sure you see it squirt from the accel. pump. also make sure that it is fuel related.

Hello all,

Great site! I just ran across it. Anyway, I have a 67 Barracuda running the original 273 (30 over) with a Edelbrock Performer carb and manifold. I have had some problems since moving to Colorado last summer. I changed the carb jets and that seemed to fix everything during the summer. The car has been sitting in the garage since Oct but I decided to get it out yesterday and take a drive to get the fluids flowing. It started right up but after about a mile I started heading up a hill when the engine quit. It would not restart so I ended up parking it for a few hours. When I went back it took some cranking but it did start and make it back into the garage. Sorry for the long story, but I wanted some suggestions as to what the problem might be. Am I looking at old gas (Sep) or some sort of carb problem? Thanks.

Same situation, give me a call, toll free, too much to type but I cured the same thing in my 273 Dart, Parker, CO. 866-841 9060.
Jim

-
Back