2852905 8-1/4" into my Dart??? HELP!!

-

1972Swinger

Reaction score
I recently got ahold of a 2852905 casting 8-1/4" rear end. It is complete with a 3:21 gear ratio, and is exactly what I want for the Dart.

Unfortunately I didn't measure correctly, and took the guys word that it was for an A-Body. (He owned a Satellite, and must not have known.)

Based on what I have found, it is for a '69-'70 B-Body. The spring perches are ~47" on-center. (Didn't think they put these rears in cars that old.)

If I relocate the perches, will this rear end work in my car? I have read of people using B-Body 8-3/4" rear ends, but never this rear.

Please help! I told my Dad that this rear end would finally work, and I hope I don't have to tell him it won't. (Luckily I didn't lose any money, I traded a bare C-Body 8-3/4" housing for it.)

I used to have all the specs for rears. However I got them off this internet thing and they have proved to be wrong. However I do think 47" is not A Body, but I could be wrong. Either way You can cut and weld perches, but if its overall wider Your gonna have to find some wheels with the appropriate back spacing. Shallow dish.

That rear you have is for an E body with the 47" perches. You are measuring from the center of the holes correct? It will be to wide for an A body. A B body rear will work but you have to move the perches from 44" to 43" on center and use appropriate backspaced wheels. Sorry.

-
Back