3 speed ?'s

-

93toyota

Reaction score
I have an a-230 3spd manual and I am looking to rebuild it. Does anyone know of any kits or buisness's. The 3rd gear is slipping pretty bad and allows no hard shifting for racing so I am forced to stick with 1st and 2nd. Which isn't too bad judging that i can take the car to 4000 and be at around 80mph. If you know of any info please IM me.

Are you sure you are experiencing slipping? A manual tranny can't slip, jump out of gear or not shift properly but slip no. If you are experiencing slipping it's time to look at the clutch.

the clutch and stuff was replaced about a month ago and 1st and 2nd dont slip at all. hhhmmmmm

93toyota said:
the clutch and stuff was replaced about a month ago and 1st and 2nd dont slip at all. hhhmmmmm
If it's slipping in third and you just replaced the clutch pressure plate assembly I would be looking at the pressure plate, sounds to me like your NOT getting the clamping force you should be from it whether it be because there is something wrong with it or you have the wrong one for the vehicle combo your running. Not all pressure plates are created equally. You will not expierence slippage from a transmission as dgc333 commented on, it will either not go into gear or pop out of gear or growl, howl , or grind. But not slip.

because in 1st and 2nd gear the leverage is better for the engine, but the higher the gears the car is harder to accelerate and a weak pressure plate will definately show up then. I had the same problem with a cheap over the counter parts store press. plate and it slipped bad in 3rd and 4th, then I put slicks on it and it slipped in all gears! New p/plate and all was well.

-
Back