3 Speed Shifter.

-

JeffTheMarine

Reaction score
I have a car with one of those "universal" shifter in it and it's a piece if junk. There isis at least 4the inches of play side to side even when its in gear. I am looking for a factory 3... speed floor shifter with the correct rods. I appreciate the help in advance

Thanks
Jeff

I suppose it depends on the condition of the item. I can't imagine a 3 speed shifter is worth a fortune or anything. I just need to be able to drive my car.

Thanks

Jeff

did you make sure everything is adjusted up right? could be just wore out and needs a freshen up...

Look in the mechanical parts for sale.
Somebody had one for sale a couple of weeks ago.

May be a long shot but you could call Wayne at Brewer's.
He might have one, or could rebuild what you have.

did you make sure everything is adjusted up right? could be just wore out and needs a freshen up...

^^^ This...
I had a shifter that was sloppy as hell...pulled it out and stripped it (after a photo on my phone)...turns out it was just worn from years of the previous owner "rolling" it round the gears...built up the worn parts with the welder,reshaped it all good as new and shimmed it up with washers and some shim stock I had laying around,refitted it and it was like heaven...no more "stirring the post" trying to find a gear...

Hope this helps,its a pretty simple contraption

-
Back