Not open for further replies.

physixx

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Contact seller
I have a complete, ready to go, 1973 318 engine that was rebuilt a couple of months ago. Here is a rundown on what's done and what's included:

BLOCK IS .030 OVER, CLEANED, BORED AND HONED
CASTING DATE 12-18-73
OEM TYPE FLAT TOP CAST PISTONS W/NEW HASTINGS RINGS
STOCK CAST CRANK STD/STD
NEW CLEVITE CAM, ROD AND MAIN BEARINGS
NEW EXPANSION PLUGS
NEW SUMMIT RACING .441/.441 LIFT HYD CAM/LIFTER KIT #K6901
NEW MELLING HV OIL PUMP AND PICKUP
OEM CAR TYPE OIL PAN
OEM HARMONIC BALANCER
NEW STEEL TIMING SET
OEM HEADS W/340 HP OEM SPRINGS CASTING #4027163
1.78” INTAKES AND 1.5” EXHAUSTS
STOCK TYPE ROCKER/PUSHROD SETUP
LATE STYLE TIMING COVER AND BALANCER
OFFENHAUSER SINGLE PLANE, DUAL PORT ALUMINUM INTAKE
CARTER COMPETITION SERIES 625 CFM REBUILT CARB W/ELECTRIC CHOKE
OEM ELECTRONIC DISTRIBUTOR W/MP ORANGE CONTROL BOX #P4120505
ACCEL HIGH PERFORMANCE COIL
NEW AUTOLITE SPARK PLUGS
ACCEL 8 MM HI-TEMP SUPPRESSION TYPE PLUG WIRES
CARTER STREET PERFORMANCE MECHANICAL FUEL PUMP
NEW WATER PUMP
CHROME VALVE COVERS
ASSEMBLED & PAINTED BLACK

$1,600.00
plus shipping or we can meet part way or just pick it up.

I'll get some pictures posted as soon as the intake is cleaned up, installed and the carb is done.

Ken
Edison, NJ

Here are the pictures of the comleted engine.

DSCN1068.jpg

DSCN1071.jpg

DSCN1072.jpg

Thanks. I thought that it was a fair price for what time and money that I have invested in it.

Ken

I may need an engine for a truck. I might get a free 1985 D150 going as a daily driver and think this would be a great engine for it.

Was the block decked?

Heads milled?

What is the compression ratio?

Any receipts for machine work?

The block and heads were not decked or milled so the compression ratio with the thinner head gaskets that I used, and the flat top pistons, I would estimate to be 9:1. Perfect for today regular pump gas.

Do you need the engine mount brackets and motor mounts?

I can get the receipts from the shop that did the work, no problem.

Ken

The block and heads were not decked or milled so the compression ratio with the thinner head gaskets that I used, and the flat top pistons, I would estimate to be 9:1. Perfect for today regular pump gas.

Do you need the engine mount brackets and motor mounts?

I can get the receipts from the shop that did the work, no problem.

Ken

I would just need the engine.

I am going to do a compression check on the motor that has been sitting. If it is bad, I may call you.

Sarguy01, if you're still interested in the engine, I just wanted to let you know that I have a truck oil pan and pickup that I can put on for you so you wouldn't have to worry about that.

Ken

I can probably get it shipped for a lot less than you think. I've shipped complete engines in the past out your way, for rates that absolute surprised me as to how low they were.

Ken

hmmm tempting....thinking of rebuilding my 273...but maybe this is a better/cheaper was to go?

I wonder what shipping to hawaii (96706) would cost....whats your zip code...maybe I can figure it out on my side?

Aloha

Dfnsmn34, my zip is 08820 let me konw what you come up with. I have a really nice crate that I can put it in and I can get it to the truck terminal with no problems.

The casting on the heads is 4027163. They are the later model heads that I had. I tapped the holes and put set screws in them so that they aren't open to the outside. That way you can use headers or earlier exhaust manifolds and not have any exhaust leaks.

Ken

I would estimate around 275 HP. This also will depend on the exhaust that you use, headers, etc.

Ken

I'd have to work that up. It's easy enough to do. It'll need a stroker kit, balance, etc. I'll PM you the details.

Ken

Illcuda65 - Still interested in the stroker buildup on this 318? I have some numbers for you.

KEn

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back