318 Headers

-
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about Sanderson Headers? They're a pretty mean looking unit for a shorty. They come up on Summit's website as an option for my '68 Barracuda w/318 but Sanderson lists them as '70 up E-bodies. Full headers are gonna drag, I'm afraid. Any other good options? Hedman Shorties??

318's use the same headers as 340's/360's. TTI makes shorties but they are high. Some have made hedman shorties work. Nice thing about TTI shorties is they make the head pipes that match. Most end up throwing some Doug 453's on..... but they are long tube. Shoot, I've used the 135 dollar headers and never had a problem

I would pass on the Sanderson headers DD7/DD8. I used them on a 72 Dart and it needed to have the steering shaft modified and motor mounts shimmed to make them work. For pretty much the same price you could have the Dougs 453 headers that are long tube and won't drag low. I liked the Sanderson header till I tried the Dougs and won't be going back.

I would pass on the Sanderson headers DD7/DD8. I used them on a 72 Dart and it needed to have the steering shaft modified and motor mounts shimmed to make them work. For pretty much the same price you could have the Dougs 453 headers that are long tube and won't drag low. I liked the Sanderson header till I tried the Dougs and won't be going back.
That's what I needed to hear

-
Back