318 kickdown

-

duster731

young gun
Reaction score
Is it possible to get a kickdown linkage from any vehicle with a 318 and does it need to be from a four bbl or a two bbl car. I have a 73 duster was a slant and now a four bbl 318 with a 904 any info would help a lot thanks

The 4bbl and 2bbl top rod is different. I decided to just get a Lokar cable. Cheaper unless you find a 4v one cheap, and I've heard they work a lot better.

where would i get this lockar kit and how much is it the complete kickdown or do i need other stuff? thanks

i would try ebay i think the kit #is 4001 or just contact lokar site and talk to techs i was happy with my purchase or look up lokar on this site for more info a lot of guys run this some like it some dont also checkout lokar installation on net it will give you a good heads up

look on summitracing.com, type in lokar in the search then find your application for the cable. Once you've found the cable, click on the suggested parts tab and you should see a bracket. You will need that too. You cut the cable to length. Price depends on which kit, but usually under $100, maybe a little bit more.

So I checked summit racing and the cable is 65 and a suggested bracket is 25 would there be anything else I would need and how long should the cable be

-
Back