318 or 360 gasket set ?

-

silvadful

Reaction score
hey guys. a dumb question maybe? if using a 318 sb with 360 heads. do i get a 318 or 360 gasket set?

well.....a bit of both. the intake and exhaust ports will be bigger, youll need 360 gaskets, but the oil pan set will be different for a 318. a fel-pro FS8553PT-8 will be a gasket set for a 318 like my 87 cop motor, vin "M" (thats the key), wich has exactly that, a 360 top end on a 318 shortblock. dis-reguard what fel-pro says it fits, it will work with what youre doing. cheers.

Why not tell them you have a 340 so you get the proper oil pan gasket and proper 4 bbl intake gaskets????

True. its more expensive though...(why i dont know, it comes with less gaskets) just realised though that set will come with the smaller thermostat housing gasket..and wont come with the flat exhaust manifold flange to head-pipe gaskets......but, save 10 bucks, get more gaskets, and spend 50 more cents on a thermostat gasket and 5 on flange gaskets it needed......eh? eh? its your cat man skin it how you wanna!!!!

p.s.-im at work right now....thats how i know these numbers and prices and shenanigans....

I'm pretty sure I just ordered the cheapest 318 fel pro kit from summit. I'm doing a 318 with 360 heads as well. the intake gaskets were the larger ones. Id almost bet they only make 340/360 size.

-
Back