318 to 225 OE Style Heater Hose Clamps

-

70DartSedan

Not Banned - just hiding
Reaction score
Im gonna freshen up my engine compartment and before I commit I wanted to know if the 318 hose clamps will fit the 225. It is a non A/C car. I have not found anyone who sells 225 clamps so I have to work with what I have. So can I use the 318 clamps and will it still fit? Thanks in advance for and useful info.

I'm looking for the Corbin Style clamps, for the heater hoses and radiator. It has worm clamps on it now but those are nasty looking.

Heater hoses should be the same. Upper and lower rad hoses?, Maybe, One or the other might be smaller than the 318..I'm with you on the spring type, but only with new hose.
I have been meaning to tell you that is a real score you got there.

Yes, but so what, they aren't corbin clamps. :/ What I'm asking is do the 318 clamps offered at Mega Parts or any other place fit the 225? I know heater hoses are standardized and those should fit, then what about the radiator hose clamps? Will they fit?

Will Clamps (1)

From 318 (2)

fit 225? (3)

I know there will be some left over but will they fit?

The lower hose on all (?) small blocks is 1.75" ID. The lower hose on slant six's (all?) is 1.5"D.

The heater hose on my slant, SB, and BB are 5/8"D. Ditto for my Mercedes 300D's and minivans.

Not sure why you want to use those "Corbin clamps". I suspect most use them just to look original. Otherwise, I think they are inferior and only used for speed at the factory. Chrysler used those (flat style) on the power steering cooler on my T&C, which was a tow package upgrade (stealer installed?). Mine leaked, as it did for most owners. Indeed mine shot a spray up at my pump way above, so I thought that was the source and spent a lot replacing it.

I would think stainless steel screw clamps would look best and be superior. Even nicer would be the upgraded type with a smooth 360 surface and an outside clamp bolt, as used in "fuel injection" clamps and turbocharger intakes.

Yes those clamps will work fine. Go to your local hardware store and get the sizes you need. Don't order a kit.

My local Ace Hardware has those in any size I need.

Worm clamps again, are not what I'm interested in. Why is it that getting a straight answer is like sliding across 60 grit?

-
Back