318 to 360 swap...Exhaust?

-

CG65Dart270

Reaction score
Has anybody done a 318 to 360 swap in a 65 dart? im trying to figure out how to do my exhaust. use my 318 manifolds? get headers? where can i find headers for a 63-66 A-body?
Thanks

Has anybody done a 318 to 360 swap in a 65 dart? im trying to figure out how to do my exhaust. use my 318 manifolds? get headers? where can i find headers for a 63-66 A-body?
Thanks

There are quite a few threads showing 340/360 manifolds (with large 2 1/4" outlet) installed in an early A. These 340/360 manifolds flow well, I mean the 340 6 Pack engine was no sluff!! But if you want maximum power and high RPM then headers (which are much more expensive) would do the trick. So it just depends on how much power you expect to make. The 318 manifolds, if they fit, would choke it down....they only have a 1 5/8" exit hole.

Treblig

I had a 318 with 360 heads in my old 66 Dart with 273 manifolds. They definatly choked it down but they worked. If your car has power steering, 273s or very expensive headers are your only option. If you have manual steering, I know that the later 340 manifolds will work on the drivers side, almost any manifold will fit the passenger side.

The 340 manifold does not work with power steering on the driver's side. They are also not a drop in without power steering, although they can be made to fit.

If I had another V8 early A I would not hesitate to go Dougs headers again. They fit great and are high quality.

Thanks guys, The 360 is mostly stock, only upgrades are a new edelbrock intake manifold and carb. its also manual steering. but i dont want to choke it down any at all either. i think ill be going with headers once i have the money.

-
Back