#318Fest in Alabama 10/10/2020, Racers WANTED

-

AustinGriggs

Reaction score
Adding a class to the racing festivities at the #MoparVsBrandXstreetcarShowdown this October, the goal is to ensure that the small cube Mopars can have a place compete and really shine some light on what works and what doesn't work in a real world apples to apples comparison of 318s. We have all combed through and participated in discussions on how to make a 318 better... So with that being said, let this be the day of reckoning on the topic! Come all combos! Bare in mind there are 3 other classes going on which have their own guidelines catered to more competitive street cars 1999 and older; but rather than the guys with 318s/273s/and 3.9V6s sitting in the stands watching the action I am taking a stab at getting them on the track as well. In doing so I am asking of you folks to help me reach out to anyone who might have a mild or wild 318 set up and would want to go toe to toe with more 318s where the only rule is that it have a factory 318 block and utilize a 3.31 stroke crank... Stroker, those will be moved into the faster classes accordingly. On hand will be a Muletown Mobile Dyno, weigh scales, and an 1/8 mile track to record data and generally just have a good time applying years of bench racing on the subject. The other classes will be much more fast paced and competitive yes... but the #318Fest class is an attempt at bringing young/inexperienced and often overlooked Mopar daily drivers out for a good time at the track as well as debunk some myths and generally have a good time while learning a thing or two. Also if you are just interested in running in the regular scheduled event a tech card with rules and regulations is below, and a video from the last race. Hope some of you can make the trip Gates open at 10am and there is a optional nightcruise the night prior in Decatur AL!

Mopar Vs BrandX Techcard 2020.jpg

NSSL at sunoco.jpg

Only if you weren't so far away.
My 63 318 Hooptie would fit right in !
IMG_2968.jpg

I am about to hate on the Corona virus with its travel restrictions.

How was the turnout?
I know this just past, but I hope there is more meets to come! Keep us in the loop Austin!
@AustinGriggs

How was the turnout?
I know this just past, but I hope there is more meets to come! Keep us in the loop Austin!
@AustinGriggs
It was great considering it was a reschedule, we had 85ish cars/ with 68 tech cards turned in and joined the racing. Good spectator turnout and the 40 mile cruise was finished by all. Racing was cut short because of a transmission line blowing off a 69 Dart which oiled the track in both lanes. That part sucked but it was fun and the Dyno was on hand for good entertainment during it all. Ill have a video coming out on the Ratty Muscle Cars youtube channel soon. (even cut short we had 72 passes/pairs made on the day)

Last edited:
-
Back