Status
Not open for further replies.

dartfreak75

Restore it, Dont part it!
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Contact seller
Im looking for a 340 choke for a thermoquad in good working condition i don't mind to clean and paint it as long as it works. Iv found new ones for around 60 just seeing if I can save some money buying used picture below is what I need thanks

Screenshot_20201202-234054_eBay.jpg

20201202_210839.jpg

I assume you are aware that that "choke hole" should have a metal "well" inserted before the choke gets installed? I've never seen one where the choke spring is exposed directly to the exhaust gas. But hey, I've been wrong before. Good luck in your search.

I assume you are aware that that "choke hole" should have a metal "well" inserted before the choke gets installed? I've never seen one where the choke spring is exposed directly to the exhaust gas. But hey, I've been wrong before. Good luck in your search.
No I didn't know that thank you for mentioning it. I will be on the lookout for one of them too. Much appreciated!!

I have a few NOS chokes and I believe 1 well... not sure the applications though . Do you have a PN for the choke ?

I have a few NOS chokes and I believe 1 well... not sure the applications though . Do you have a PN for the choke ?
It has 69 on it im not sure of the whole part number the nos one i found has 3614 169 that may be the part number i know 72 has 69 stamped on it and thats what year my intake is

So ur looking for 1971/72. I have the parts but honestly ur best to buy the choke thermostat new. Kim
Thanks Kim. I have found several new i may go that route. Do you know about the base or well that goes under them. Have Google it i can't seem to find anything

That would be great if you have the well I can't seem to find one of them anywhere

I think I have a gasket as well . My brain remembers seeing one at least... lol ... its a ridgid tan one right ?
Im not super concerned with the gasket I'm pretty sure my kit came with one if not I can make one. I have a roll of gasket material

There is a 41,51,52 stamped on them.
The nos one was for a totally different application . But these are barely used...been in my garage for 30+ years.
Arms are different lengths

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ya, I have 10 or so also with different length arms but some have been tweaked so it’s anybodies guess if they work properly or not. Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back