[SOLD] 340 Engine For Sale In South Carolina Best Offer VIN Picture Large Hole Manifolds Included

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

jb123

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
No Shipping Pickup Only In Pelion South Carolina Near Columbia

340 Engine For Sale In South Carolina Needs Rebuild. Doesn't come with the pulleys, brackets or exhaust manifolds that are in pictures installed on engine when I took it out of car.

Comes With A Pair of different exhaust manifolds which are large hole exit. One is old style and one is newer style. They don't match as far as the year is concerned.

The engine was smoking and making a clanking noise of some sort when taken out of my car. I have no clue what went wrong or the extent of the damage. I shut down the engine immediately once I heard the noise even though it was still running the care nicely. Before the noise started the engine ran great even though it was smoking a little.

Asking $1800 Or Best Offer

Whoever buys the engine will need to come inspect it for themselves. They can look at anything they like and then make their offer no problem.

311335 Is what the VIN Looks Like.........

I am flexible on the price for the manifolds and the engine. Message me if you are in South Carolina and interested. Must Sell. I can have the bore checked etc...........

head1.JPG
head2.JPG
head3.JPG
head4.JPG
head5.JPG
head6.JPG
image1.JPG
image2.JPG
image3.JPG
IMG_0177.jpg
IMG_0179.jpg
IMG_0180.jpg
IMG_0181_2.jpg
IMG_0182.jpg
20170225_115759.jpg
20170225_115816.jpg
20170225_115840.jpg
20170225_115853.jpg
IMG_0289.jpg

Last edited:
Has it ever been rebuilt, is it still standard bore or oversize???
Don't know for sure. I was told it was not bored when I originally bought it.

Whoever buys the engine will need to come inspect it for themselves. They can look at anything they like and then make their offer no problem.

Last edited:
Probably a 71 model year engine based on casting date.

Can you get the VIN off the pass side pan rail?

311335 Is what the VIN Looks Like.........

I am flexible on the price for the manifolds and the engine. Message me if you are in South Carolina and interested. Must Sell. I can have the bore checked etc...........

VIN looks like 1Bxxxxxx

71 model year engine likely out of a Duster

looks good, bore size?
I am working on that. Hopefully by tomorrow more info on bore and heads. The engine ran great and had plenty of power until the little noise started. I am short a stand now too so I can't pull the pan right now either. It will happen in time.

Not factory Pistons. At least it's been rebuilt. Bore size can be measured easily.

Not factory Pistons. At least it's been rebuilt. Bore size can be measured easily.
That sounds about right. I think it has a slight step up cam too based on the slight chop exhaust sound it made. The engine ran wonderfully until the mystery noise. I have been so busy I just can't get to my shop to measure everything and drop the pan. I will get to it.

May be interested. Pm me with the results when you pull the pan. Are the heads 2:02 valves or 1:88's? Thanks.

I sent the engine to my engine builder this morning. He will go through it and give me all the information on it. They have built engines for us before and I am running one of his right now. You can look up Carolina Machine Engines C.M.E. in Johnston South Carolina on internet. They have the ability to build it up and ship it too. JB

Rebuilt Engines and Rebuilt Motors from CME

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back