340 engine mounts may be available

-

ChuckDock

Reaction score
I've been looking for engine mounts to go from a 273 to a 340. No one has had new ones that I've been able to find. I don't want to do the 318 mounts modified either.
Classic Industries has the mounts listed on their site now. I contacted them and went back and forth with Joe Dunn from there. The mounts are on back order for 10-30 days. The ad read a little funky so I had Joe confirm these are the right mounts for the 273 to 340 conversion, and the back order delay. MN1510 is the part number. If you google that, you should see them.
I am skeptical about all this, but hope they really are able to get the mounts in 30 days or less.
I'll update this post if/when I get the mounts, and if they are correct.

Lots of good info in the thread you started. You need to start a wanted thread. I have seen many sale ads for engine mounts and brackets here on FABO. I think
@Mr. Sinister had some for sale at one time.

Lots of good info in the thread you started. You need to start a wanted thread. I have seen many sale ads for engine mounts and brackets here on FABO. I think
@Mr. Sinister had some for sale at one time.
I did find someone here that had an old pair. He wanted 145.00. The new ones I just ordered are 144, but come with the motor mounts and all bolts, and are new.
But if the new ones don't work out for some reason, then I will post a wanted ad for sure. I need to get this engine in the car so I can drive it some this summer.

If it's not numbers matching I dont see any good reason not to mod a bracket to work.
If you have half the skill of a 2 yr old you can do and no one would know the difference.

Thank for the part number, how much ?

Classic re-boxes a lot of stuff from others and marks it up.

Probably a shumaker deal or something like that. transdapt has mounts too IIRC. Buy a 340 to slant 6 K frame kit and toss the pass side mount as you don't need it.

If it's not numbers matching I dont see any good reason not to mod a bracket to work.
If you have half the skill of a 2 yr old you can do and no one would know the difference.

Thank for the part number, how much ?
I just don't want to add the spacer to a 318 drivers side bracket, which I don't have anyways. This 340 is a pretty hot 340 and I just want to make sure its strong as well. 144 plus S@H for the engine mounts, which includes the insulators and bolts.

Just an update, I bailed on Classic. I emailed them for an update and they never replied so I just ended up modifying the brackets I had. It worked like a champ and now the motor is in, along with the trans and more. Glad that part is finally over! On to the next 300 things I need to do before diving this car, lol.

mancini has all the mounts you need , i just picked up the maglock mounts they look good and no more vibration at 65-70 mph car is 100% more enjoyable to drive now . maybe those polylock mounts were broken for a while as it had vibration right up the steering colum for a while

mancini has all the mounts you need , i just picked up the maglock mounts they look good and no more vibration at 65-70 mph car is 100% more enjoyable to drive now . maybe those polylock mounts were broken for a while as it had vibration right up the steering colum for a while
Mancini does not have the 340 engine mounts (not insulators) from what I see on their site. Says still out of stock. Classic just emailed me today to confirm the same.

Mancini does not have the 340 engine mounts (not insulators) from what I see on their site. Says still out of stock. Classic just emailed me today to confirm the same.
sorry did not see the out of stock notice , seems they are out of stock everywhere these days

sorry did not see the out of stock notice , seems they are out of stock everywhere these days
Yup, its crazy. Though a lot of us would like these, it must not be enough demand for a company to start producing them.
I see they were like 300 bucks from Mancini's as well. If I had a machine shop....

Yup, its crazy. Though a lot of us would like these, it must not be enough demand for a company to start producing them.
I see they were like 300 bucks from Mancini's as well. If I had a machine shop....
Yes , they are not that difficult to make at those prices knocking of a few hundred would pay , i've made my own back in the day when i had the equipment

These are BBody, not ABody. The black motor mount in the photo is something I purchased off EBay which has a small tubular spacer welded on one side to take up the extra space. The gray motor mount is apparently a factory driver's side 340 bracket which fits a little better (already machined to fit as is).

340 motor mount 2.JPG

340 motor mount1.JPG

Last edited:
-
Back