340 Flywheel Help Please

-

1969340dart

Reaction score
I am getting ready to pull my engine out of my car to convert everything back to 4 speed! I am installing a 69 model 340 engine that is already completely finished.I want to make sure I get the correct flywheel for the engine and not something that is going to throw everything out of balance.I have a setup I was going to use but after getting the flywheel all cleaned up! I find there are no part or casting numbers on the flywheel at all.How can I be sure it is correct for my application.I basically have everything to do this conversion but now I am stumped with the flywheel.If someone has a good flywheel they will sell for a reasonable amount for a 69 model 340 engine or can direct me where I can buy a new one for my engine.The engine is stock I just want to put this car back to ORIGINAL AS I CAN! I just want to get everything I need so the swap can be completed over one weekend if possible.Or if someone has a flywheel,clutch and pressure plate I would be interested in the complete setup at a fair price.I just want to get this task completed before my other car comes in from Illinois so I can start on it as soon as it arrives.

Thanks

Bobby Dodson

I have a flywheel off a '69 340 that just came back from the machine shop after resurfacing. I picked it up yesterday. It was rejected due to tiny heat cracks on the surface. The machine shop told me it would probably be fine for a stock motor, but not the one I'm building. I also have the original clutch and pressure plate from this setup, if interested PM me.
If you are interested, I can post some pix of the flywheel. Let me know

I was thinking of buying the one you have but I think I am going to go ahead and just buy a new billet flywheel and be done with it. They sound a lot safer and I surely don't want to have to tear anything back down to replace anything. Thanks for the offer

Bobby

-
Back