Reaction score
I finally found a 340 long block without paying a Barrett Jackson
price for it. I stopped at the machine shop Friday to check
on the motor for my truck. ( I'm putting a V-8 in to replace
the 4 banger.) Anyhow I spotted this engine in the corner of
the shop, just rebuilt 3monthes ago the owner never picked it
up and could'nt pay the balance. I asked if I could buy it,
the shop owner said give him $85.00 BUCKS and I can
take it with me, there tired of walking around it.
I finally got a deal on something and a good one 8)

orangedust said:
.....the shop owner said give him $85.00 BUCKS and I can take it with me...

The last time I went to the speed shop and spent less than $85 was only because it was closed! \:D/

Great deal. Stick it on a coach seat bound for JFK airport and I'll QUADRUPLE your investment. I'll even spring for the plane ticket :tongue:

Great deal & congrats! :cheers:

FASTBACK340 said:
orangedust said:
.....the shop owner said give him $85.00 BUCKS and I can take it with me...

The last time I went to the speed shop and spent less than $85 was only because it was closed! \:D/

Great deal. Stick it on a coach seat bound for JFK airport and I'll QUADRUPLE your investment. I'll even spring for the plane ticket :tongue:

Great deal & congrats! :cheers:

You're looking for a 340?

mikelbeck said:

Nah.... just bustin chops :D

I have my blown-up lump that I'm going to screw back together as soon as the weather cooperates. Unless YOU have a freshly re-built 340 for $85 :drunken:

FASTBACK340 said:
mikelbeck said:

Nah.... just bustin chops :D

I have my blown-up lump that I'm going to screw back together as soon as the weather cooperates. Unless YOU have a freshly re-built 340 for $85 :drunken:

Nope...

:shock: Does he have any more just laying around? You know, Hemi, Max Wedge anything like that.
That has got to be one of the best deals I've heard of. What are you going to put it in? I know, dumb question.

Jack

I would question how long its actually been siting. $85 seems a little to good to be true. I would think by Law they have to keep the motor for 7 years otherwise if the customer ever came back and paid for it they would be screwed big time. That happened years ago where I work. Some guy droped off his cabinets to be refaced and he disappeared and was never heard from again so we had to store those piece of crap cabinets for years in case he ever came back.

Gentlemen, it is a340 ,I have not hadtime to scramble the numbers
off the block and it was sittin at the shop for about 6 monthes ,its
a big turn around shop, so there was a not lot of red tape paper
for it, I will keep you posted.

-
Back