-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tnutz144

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
340 X heads for sale. Springs were installed 3 yrs ago and are good to 550 lift. Stock valves. Not cracked-worked fine. I'm switching to aluminum. Located in central Ohio. I have no idea what shipping would be; zip code is 43123.

We have had x heads come up for sale on here many times. The only way they bring real money is with documentation.

Have them checked by a machine shop, get a receipt and adjust your price accordingly.

Note. None of this is a comment on the price. Simply letting you know what I have seen here.

I don't have pics of the heads right now....they are at my buddy's garage that is putting together my new motor. I did scan the receipt from 2007 when I built my former motor. It shows where the heads were milled and a valve job was done to the stock valves (3 were replaced), new exhaust seats and valve seals installed as well. It will probably be this weekend until I can get over there and get pics of the heads. Plus, like I said before, the new springs from Comp Cams good to .550 lift. I will try to put the receipt on here so anyone that wants to see it can.

I tried to attach it but it's too big and I can't figure out how to resize it with Adobe.

Just got heads back from friend that's building motor...he had a friend pull valves because I was considering upgrading valves before I decided on aluminum heads. The guy said the seals were bad and the guides were loose. They will need new locks as well. In light of this, I have lowered price to $350. Just wanted to let any potential buyer know in advance what's going on with them. The stock valves and the 550 lift springs are still included, but are not installed. Pics attached.

That's still a good price, even if they need guides and seals. Good luck with your sale!

Now, who was it on FABO that said they could make X heads flow/perform better than Eddy's?!? I might just have to buy these and have them drop shipped to their address!

Lol at wildandcrazy and psyco below for doing the same thing that their bitchin' about!!

That's still a good price, even if they need guides and seals. Good luck with your sale!

Now, who was it on FABO that said they could make X heads flow/perform better than Eddy's?!? I might just have to buy these and have them drop shipped to their address!

YA RIGHT,IN THEIR DREAMS..as for the x-heads in question,get whatever you can for them,oh and excellent call on moving up to the Aluminum heads:-D:-D

They are a good deal for anyone wanting to put a little effort in them. Like I said before, they ran fine on my car, I just decided to go with Edelbrock's to go with my 416 stroker. That should be ready in a couple weeks, since I just got my roller lifters Thursday after a 5 month wait (thanks to Comp Cams) to match up with the 292/544 roller cam. I'm getting pretty excited about what this thing's gonna put out....now everyone's telling me I'm gonna need to find a 8 3/4 to replace the 8 1/4....I'm puting CalTracs on it too, so we'll see...will have it broken in and ready to go for the 'Nats!

Back to the heads....they never leaked or gave me any problems. I wanted to let anyone/everyone know what they are and what they aren't before they buy them. Like I said, I think they're worth the price. It ought to be pretty pricey to ship them; one of these things weigh more than both those Edelbrocks....I haven't weighed them but I'm sure they're up there. Let me know if there are any questions.

would you consider driving them to charlston w.v to meet me to pick up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back