360 header bolts long tube headers and allen key bolt

-

Burnnin Charlies

Reaction score
Hey, anybody have any good tips on how to get this header bolt on? I don't know if there's a special tool. I have to have to get on but I can't get my hands in there because it's too tight. And the boat has a Allen key top. So I have to have an Allen rich type tool to get in there. But the space is such a small space that I'm not able to get anything in there. Anybody with a part number for a tool? I appreciate it. You can message me back anytime on anybody's and I'd greatly appreciate it. Here's some pictures for reference.

20240510_114539.jpg

20240510_114559.jpg

20240510_114606.jpg

Don't use the allen head bolt there. Period. Use a hex header bolt with an open end wrench. Also, draw those ones in first.

Or.... drill a hole through the header and put your allen wrench through it ... lol

I would suggest a regular header bolt that has a 3/8" hex head and built-n washer for all of them.

1715356992583.png

Allen's are cool, and grade eight...IF you have room for a wrench or socket. You don't.
As above, either a six point or twelve point reduced head header bolt. A twelve point is smaller, but you can't use an open end wrench on it.

Use a 6 Point hex bolt that is 3/8" and I don't mean the thread size. Buy a long 12 point/open end wrench and all will fall into place when you run these difficult ones in first.

LaBear low profile Allen wrench for the Allen and multi angle open end for the 3/8 hex bolts

I have the same issue also. You have to get all the difficult bolts on and then tighten them first. In your case go and get some bolts with a narrow head. I've even gone to the trouble of cutting a spanner at the top open to be able to tighten those bolts.

-
Back