360 horsepower guessing game

-

Mopar92

Reaction score
Think I'll have to do a give away or something to the winner. Curious as to what the HP is going to be for my low budget medium HP build will be.
Take a guess, it should be going on the dyno in 2 weeks.

•360 - .030" over
•Flat top 9.5:1 after decking and mill
•Stock rods
•Stock crank
•Mr 6 pak mystery cam. The cam is above a 340 grind but not some .500" lift big duration build. It's his FAST racing small block cam for 340's
•stock weight flywheel
•Edelbrock Rpm performer
•Smog heads with no porting but 2.02/1.60 valves
•stock style ignition
•750cfm Holley 4150 carb
•340 manifold driver side/ magnum passenger side large hole.

346 @ 5600 rpms if you test it with headers

300 hp 350 lbs ft Per info on a Dyno 2000 program
Cam spec's may make some difference

on the dyno...no water pump,alternator,fuel pump,fan or air cleaner and through open headers?

oops..just noticed manifolds.

Depends on WHO'S dyno... my guess is about 350 HP 410 TQ........those manifolds will cost power

Depends on WHO'S dyno... my guess is about 350 HP 410 TQ........those manifolds will cost power
And they will not cause headaches too! I've built around 10 cars Over the years with headers. I'm sick of them on street cars. So with 350 hp it's not like it's costing me 100hp. If it is, oh well. I'm just done with them for daily drivers. I'm hoping for 335-350 crank HP. More is icing on the cake but I don't see it being more than 335 or so.

I bet your HP will be a little bigger than you think with the "mystery cam" but he torque is going to be a little on the low side.

Everything on par with a 340 or slightly hotter. Really depends on this mystery cam.
Factory is pretty mild lots of steps in duration between that and a .500 lift cam and each being worth 15 ish hp. So 300-350 hp

Headers are nice and probably add 15-20 hp but under 350 hp not really necessary. Once your running a lot of overlap then becomes more mandatory.

321HP/395TQ .........that cam is really a wild card,lol................

Update, the cam is around .480lift and 220 or so duration. Tried to edit it to the original post...but it wouldn't let me. Thanks.

-
Back