360 magnum swap stock efi wiring help wanted

-

Truckie

Reaction score
I’m doing a 360 magnum swap into my son’s 67 dart. The engine is out of a 99 1/2 ton. I have the stock computer, stock harness from the computer to the power distribution box, including everything that goes to the engine. I cut off all of the wire from the distribution box to inside the cab where it went through the firewall. I also have the obd plug with a decent length of wire on it.

I have a list of items I need to make sure are powered on the distribution block to make the car run once I put power to the box. My thinking is I can pull the fuses/relays for anything I don’t need and I should be good to go with the wiring I have. I may try to remove the wires I don’t need after I get it running.

Am I correct in thinking I should be able to splice the obd plug into the correct wires that lead to the firewall or have I cut out something vital and it won’t work? Any help, advice, diagrams, pictures are greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Find someone at a shop and see if they will print you a wiring schematic for your year engine from alldata. Then it’s just a matter of tracing wires.

I have a diagram I made from my 75 Swingers factory manual, when I was going through the wiring. It identifies the alphabetized location of each wire from "outside"(the fire wall) and from the "inside".
And, it shows the color codes, and where each wire connects to. Each year when there were more items added they added more color codes. So, it should be the same as your 67.
I can forward it to you tomorrow.

Hope this helps with the bulk connector.

20210404_095944.jpg

20210404_100039.jpg

@Truckie i thought we’d gone over this in your other thread. I listed everything you need to do. You don’t need to power “everything” individually in the pdc. It’s a powered distribution. Large hot lead from the battery to the big stud and the whole thing is powered. You need to trigger the appropriate relays. And I showed you how to do that.

Last edited:
E52ABBD7-F81F-44DA-8554-53315CE351C7.jpeg

Red arrow points to battery connection. The one next to it is alternator supply. This “powers” the pdc.

The obd 2 plug can be wired right in the back of the pdc. Mine has about 4” of wire and mounts right next to it.

DD8431BA-D0C7-4EDA-B072-F30ED4910338.jpeg
Horrible picture but you can see my obd2 plug temporary wire job here in the red circle.

I had wire nuts for my Hemi swap, easy to make sure everything works before putting a lot of time into soldering and wrapping.
Yea I did the same thing just to get it running on the run stand. In fact in one of the pictures above you can see my grounds wire nutted together.

I’m trying to get this thing running and I have no power to the dark green with black tracer wire that powers the fuel pump. Every other wire going to that relay has power. Any ideas what’s wrong? I’ve swapped relays.

Could you just wire it into a key on for testing? Is there a ASD relay in the harness or is the computer looking for 12v key on?

Your diagram has been a big help identifying wires. I have identified all the wires involved with the starter, now I’m just trying to figure out how to incorporate them into the the new fuse box with the relays. I’m guessing I eliminate the ballast resistor and use the brown wire and the blue w/ white tracer wire, but not sure how they go. I have power to wire Z, and I connected L which is starter relay wire to the yellow w/red starter relay wire in the fuse box. Something still isn’t right. Any help is appreciated.

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with the Magnum wiring harness and, have nothing to put my hands on to help.
Your are not the first person to have this issue.
Someone knows the connections. Stay after it.

Could you just wire it into a key on for testing? Is there a ASD relay in the harness or is the computer looking for 12v key on?
Unfortunately, I am not familiar with the Magnum wiring harness and, have nothing to put my hands on to help.
Your are not the first person to have this issue.
Someone knows the connections. Stay after it.
I’ve got it starting and shutting off with the key. It’s not 100% correct because I’m still using the original starter relay and not the one from the magnum fuse box. But it will work for now.

It’s easy. Use the run circuit from the original key switch (pre ballast resistor) to trigger the relays needed for run. ASD, o2 front heater, etc. the relays have power and ground you just need to trigger them. Use the start circuit from the original key switch to trigger the starter relay.

It’s easy. Use the run circuit from the original key switch (pre ballast resistor) to trigger the relays needed for run. ASD, o2 front heater, etc. the relays have power and ground you just need to trigger them. Use the start circuit from the original key switch to trigger the starter relay.
Thanks. I’ll give that a try.

-
Back