360 roller

-

mopar marc

Reaction score
Hey guys , My wife recently picked up a 360 roller motor ( 89 casting) at auction ($75) the heads came with it but were off, no pushrods. I am thinking about running it as is with just a timing chain swap and a new oil pump there is almost no ring ridge and I can still see some cross hatching spots on the cylinder walls. the heads are 308 casting and I am thinking about freshening these up. My questions are can I use a regular hydraulic cam/ lifters in this engine? what pushrod type/ length should i use? any thoughts on running this as is? Obviously I know nothing of the history on this motor other than it appears stock. The timing chain does have a good bit of play though. I am on a budget with this one and will probably put it in my 79 power wagon that sees 1000 miles a year.

you can use regular LA cam, lifters and pushrods with the 89 engine so get one that will make torque.
Its kind of a cross over engine between the older LA360s and the Magnums.

Make sure you have the correct oil filter adapter as they are slightly different than regular LA adapters.

I would have some interest in your roller lifters and spider if you decide to go with a flat tappet cam.

340 mopar, I will let you know when I figure it out, if I get rid of them they are yours. Marc

340mopar said:
I would have some interest in your roller lifters and spider if you decide to go with a flat tappet cam.
Can I still get a spider from the dealer? It just came to me.
Also, do I need one with, for example, Comp Cams new retro rollers? How about stock rollers?

Sorry for the hi-jack.

-
Back