383 S Wereabouts??

-

Mr Frank S

Reaction score
Same old story, new post, Took a road trip on a tip my 69 383 S Cuda was still stuffed in a shed in Spokane with a blown motor since 1987. Got to the address, no one around, talked to some neighbors, the gentleman was not to popular with the locals. What info I could get is they new about the car but thought it had been sold several years ago to someone living fairly close. I thought I saw a post here about that time that sounded familiar but can not find anything now. It was a white fastback w/black stripes, blue interior, auto, ps,
It was a radio delete car that was picked up at the Hamtrack plant by the original owner, he drove it home!!! Still have some paperwork but let most of it go.

I was the second owner from 1973 till 86, sold then for 3k!!:eek:ops:

Update:
Just found an old thread by "69383S" who bought the car in 2005, he disappeared after a short series of responses, it looks like he was looking to flip it asking what it was worth, Also found a picture of a buildsheet posted by "69cudafan" that looks familier.

Anybody home??????

Any info or comments welcome
Thanks

Anyone on site who lives near or knows of the car?????

:-k

Mr Frank S

I think you are mistaken about the build sheet I posted. That was for a car that a1001970 had for sale. It was a white 383 car, but did not have some of the other options you mentioned.

I looked up the post by 69383s and it looks like he is describing your high school car. Sadly it is from 2005, and the poster mentioned it was on jackstands. The good news is that it likely could still be. It sounded like he was fishing for info on how rare the car is/was, and was wondering exactly what he had on his hands. Check moparts and see is that same screen name exists and was active there.

The car is one of 272 1969 383/autos. It was last seen in Colbert, WA provided that VIN matches your paperwork and the car 69383s posted about was yours. It certainly has a similar story. My advice would be to drive to Colbert and start asking around. Beat the bushes at the local store or coffee shop. According to Wikipedia, it is an unincorporated town (small). Somebody knows who has/had that car. Even as rare as it is, if you owned it previously, you are now looking for a one of one car. You need to be tenacious if you hope to get it back.

Take out an ad in The Spokesman Review and the Couer d'Alene Press. Post a picture of a similar car (a1001970's car looks close). Post it on Spokane craigslist as well.

Sadly, if you PM 69383s, you will get nothing. Also, due to privacy concerns the owners of this site can't divulge emails used to register, and I am doubtful they would pass along your info as well in the hopes that person would contact you about the car.

Perhaps there is a member in that area that knows about the car, or knows that member who posted about that car and can pass along you are looking for it.

Good luck, and keep us posted! A member named pa karp had a similar story about his 69 Cuda notch, and it turns out a fellow member (BB-

Dave) owns the car. Don't give up!
69cudafan

-
Back