Dodge72

Odd one out
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for one of these :
EC230355-45FA-4258-96CA-147DC04FCCA4.jpeg

The kickdown rod that goes from the upper bellcrank to the carb stud. I need it for my three peice kickdown setup cause I got the wrong one. If wanted , I got a big block kickdown rod lol. Message me or post here, thanks.

I have one but it's slightly different at the cotter pin end. Could mine be a BB? How can I tell?

Ken

IMG_2105.jpg
IMG_2106.jpg

Last edited:
I have one but it's slightly different at the cotter pin end. Could mine be a BB? How can I tell?

Ken

View attachment 1715546169 View attachment 1715546170

So I've been told mine was a BB one. Here's a picture
20200611_190921.jpg

It seems less complex, just a small bend near the center and a 90 for the cotter pin end. I think yours may be correct, it looks like it's a slightly different angle compared to the picture. I'm going to see if I can find more pictures.

So I've been told mine was a BB one. Here's a picture
View attachment 1715546448

It seems less complex, just a small bend near the center and a 90 for the cotter pin end. I think yours may be correct, it looks like it's a slightly different angle compared to the picture. I'm going to see if I can find more pictures.
Unless you are going for originality, the one you have should work. Adjust it properly (another thread), a spring to hold it against the pin, and a washer and clip to stop it from falling off the pin and you should be good to go.

Katie,
Is the rod you have not long enough? If so its for a 318 - throttle shaft on a 2 bbl if further back than a 4 bbl. Edelbrock make a Mopar kick down extension -you screw the female end on the rod and screw the slotted end on the male half - Summit and Jegs sell them. If that's the rod you got from me it can't be a BB since I've never had a BB.:)

Here's a pic of the extension. I just noticed that your rod is bent down, which is backwards, the bend should go up. You can try turning the rod upside down and inserting the back end from the other side and then check clearance, or if that doesn't work, rebend the rod (easy to do if you go slow).

IMG_1875.JPG

Here's a pic of the extension. I just noticed that your rod is bent down, which is backwards, the bend should go up. You can try turning the rod upside down and inserting the back end from the other side and then check clearance, or if that doesn't work, rebend the rod (easy to do if you go slow).

View attachment 1715547061
Do u have a link for that. It can/will help others out for sure. Thanks. Kim

Tried to find it in the summit on line catalogue. I know it's there, but where!!! (Oh for the days of fat paper catalogues!!!) The Edelbrock numbers are 8003 for 1/4 inch rods and 8004 for 5/16 inch rods. I think I bought my first one in 1976 and ditched the bolt in the slot rig I was using on my 4bbl 318.

Do u have a link for that. It can/will help others out for sure. Thanks. Kim
Tried to find it in the summit on line catalogue. I know it's there, but where!!! (Oh for the days of fat paper catalogues!!!) The Edelbrock numbers are 8003 for 1/4 inch rods and 8004 for 5/16 inch rods. I think I bought my first one in 1976 and ditched the bolt in the slot rig I was using on my 4bbl 318.
It's in this thread:2-Barrel to 4-Barrel Conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back