4-bbl Swap Help!!

-

DartGTDan

'71 Dart GT Fan
Reaction score
Hey all,

I've got an LD4B intake and a Performer 600 cfm planned for the '71 Dart GT (318, console shifted A904, 3.23:1 sure-grip 8 3/4", MP orange ecu, FlowMaster 40s with 2 1/4" pipes on factory maifolds).

I need some guidance as far as the carb gasket/spacer. I've found 3 choices:
1. Edelbrock EDL-9265 which is .325" thick open
2. Edelbrock EDL-9266 which is .325" thick divided plenum
3. Edelbrock EDL-9267 which is .125" thick 4-hole
Which would you suggest and why?

Which intake manifold gaskets should I use?

Will I need any of the following?
1. Edelbrock EDL-8007 Throttle Lever Stud
2. Edelbrock EDL-8021 Throttle Cable Bracket

I know the "kickdown" linkage needs to hooked up before the vehicle is driven. I know Lokar and Bouchillon make a cable to perform this function, but has anyone ever modified an existing 2-bbl linkage to work? If so how (photos/details)?

I've not spun a wrench (if I can find them) in nearly 20 years, so this is a major operation for me. Any guidance is extremely appreciated.

edl-9265_w.jpg

edl-9266_cp.jpg

edl-9267.jpg

edl-8007_w (Throttle Lever Stud).jpg

edl-8021_w (Throttle Cable Bracket).jpg

As far as spacers,open spacers are for top-end,while 4-hole spacer's are for torque.(Think single plane,dual-plane manifold).I use the middle spacer
(9266),which is really a heat insulator,on my dual-plane Ede RPM.Works good,with good hood clearance.

Not real familiar with the LD4B,but if it has a heat cross over I would use a gasket to block it off.Believe Fel-Pro has a gasket to block it off.

8007,8021,dont need. Ede 1481 is what you need for the throttle cable to carb.This bolts to the carb.A standard Mopar throttle stud (which you have on your 2bbl carb)attaches to it.

The 2bbl (318) throttle cable bracket(attaches to back of manifold) wont work.You will need a throttle cable bracket from a 4 bbl (340) car.These can be had on E-bay,new and used.The flange on the 2bbl bracket (which the throttle cable attaches to) goes sideways while the 4bbl bracket is vertical.

You will also need a 4bbl top kick down rod.It is shaped different than the 2bbl 318 rod.The rest of the 318 kick down along the firewall to trans will work.

If you look at your 318 pieces and the pics I am showing you you will see the differences.

I know it sounds overwhelming,but its not. Just take your time and you can piece it together.

faucet pics 831.jpg

faucet pics 833.jpg

faucet pics 834.jpg

Johnny, X2 what GTXexperience said.
Do you actually start and run your car? Those pictures look cleaner than new!
C

-
Back