4 door windshield trim on a 67 Barracuda?

-

ESP47

Reaction score
I have a set of stainless trim I took off a 69 Valiant 4 door. I went to see if it would fit on my 67 Cuda and like I figured, the trim is too tall. The good thing is that since the side trim pieces get tucked under the top and bottom pieces, I can just cut them down to fit.

My problem the trim at the top of the windshield. I laid it up there and it seems like it's 1/2-1" too short. The bottom trim piece seems like it'll fit fine but the top is a little short. I don't know if maybe the trim sits a little further in than I'm thinking. Do you guys know if there is a difference in the width of the top of the windshield on these cars? I actually have a guy who wants it to convert his 67 Cuda trim to the 68+ style but I don't want to sell it to him if it wont fit.

The difference in the A-pillar sticks is exactly 1.5 inches.
The difference in overall fit and finish is in the 67 body. The glass bed is a little larger so the stainless doesn't overlap as far when its put on a 67. The trim you have is surely blemished at the original overlap and if you dont polish that blemish away it wil show.
You're probably going to find the seam in the A-pillar line isn't worked as straight as the trim either. It didn't have to be perfect in 67. Likely will be a little gap there unless you redo the bodywork to a straight line. I doubt anyone would notice this little flaw unless you point it out though.

ESP47 Have drawing here.
RedFish is the windshield 1.5 inches higher on a 4 door?
That would explain why the top trim is to short. Is this correct?
They are the same at the bottom.
Darryl

Attachments

• 056 (2).JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 148
All the same at the bottom. Sedan glass is 1.5 inches taller.
The 2 top pieces from the 4 door or any 68 up do overlap for me on a 67 2 door, just not as much overlap as it had on the 67.

of the 5 pieces only the bottom is the same.
the other 4 are different.
i have the barracuda parts.
pm me

Thanks guys, that drawing makes perfect sense. Since the side trim pieces are longer and slightly pointed in at each other, the top trim has to be a little bit shorter.

Redfish, so you've actually put 4 door trim on a Barracuda and the top trim did overlap a little bit? The trim is in decent enough shape, I think that blemish line you're talking about should buff out.

Barracudakid, thanks for the offer but me and the guy are trying to make a trade. I'll refer him to you if the deal falls through.

-
Back