4 spd Carpet

-

nodemon

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Installing the carpet in my 4spd, bucket seat Demon.. For the most part, everything seems to line up good...lays down nicely...HOWEVER, just behind the 4spd hump/tunnel where it tapers down to the driveshaft tunnel, there's some excess or bulging.. Question for those who have a manual floor shift, or just know, should I try and contour and attach the carpet to the hump or does it just stay loose..?
Pictures of that area in your car would be helpful too..!

20230512_172218.jpg

20230512_172225.jpg

I never was happy with any of the restoration carpet companies the way the loop pile was reproduced was not as tight woven as the factory and it never lays right for me

I never was happy with any of the restoration carpet companies the way the loop pile was reproduced was not as tight woven as the factory and it never lays right for me
Yeah, I've found two small spots where it looks like after production repairs were done...like the carpet tore or had imperfections. Also, the padding was way off and bunched up in one area..I had to peel it back and adjust...

Try to spread it out as best you can, and the seat belts w/bolts will help hold it in place. Just work it into the best position possible. The seats also work to hold everything in place

Carpet steamer(not a steam cleaner)is the right tool for the job, but they aren’t cheap. I’ve had luck with using a clothing steamer and a lot of patience.

-
Back